August 2014 Moms
Options

Swim Suits

Anyone buy one yet? Any suggestions? We are going on a trip at the end of May and I need one.  I looked at Macys, Target, and Kohls.  No one has one with an underwire.  I'm a 38DDD, I need some support!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Swim Suits

• Options
    I ordered one from Target but I haven't gotten it yet. GL!

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I haven't had any luck finding one with an underwire either.  The lady at Motherhood Maternity tried to convince me the non-underwire suits would have plenty of support.  No thanks, I've tried them with no luck at all with pre-pregnancy boobs.  I'm assuming that I will probably have to look online, but I really hate ordering clothes online when I'm unsure of their real fit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought a tankini top at Target, I'm using bottoms I already have.  I've always liked the fit of the Target swim suits.  They do seem to run a tad on the big side though.

I'm a C cup (when pregnant/nursing), so I don't need a ton of support.  Sorry I can't help with the underwire issue...I don't think I've ever had an underwire swimsuit. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I'm denying that I'll need to be in a suit at all. I have a tan kini but it's not maternity. I know it won't fit already but I'm ignoring the need. It's so hard to fit something that fits now just right let alone know what will fit all summer long!
  • Options
    This is the one I bought (38E). I got it at motherhood, but for some reason, swimwear isn't showing up on motherhood for me. :). They have a red one that is more of a halter style that would support the puppies, but my store didn't carry it and I needed one immediately for my kid's swim lessons.

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=99394910080&MasterCategory_Id=MC9
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I looked for a maternity suit for a long time with no success. Nothing was flattering on me. I ended up buying a non maternity one piece from tj maxx in a larger size that had some give in it. Best fit out of all the suits I tried on.
  • Options
    I got one from Motherhood with dd. It's a rankin I and a little tight in the chest, but does the job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm an H cup and I gave up on finding a bathing suit with underwire. I just don't do enough jogging in my swimsuit I guess. Anyway, I got a tankini from motherhood maternity that is cute, holds the girls in, and covers my bulges without being a muumuu. Win! This is after weeks of online searching. I was about to get an under wired, non maternity bikini online, but I was plus sized before this baby and I'm not ready to let the belly go bare yet. Have you tried bravissimo.com or bareneccesities.com? They have a great selection of bra-sized and underwired bikinis.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry ab your delima, i have a friend who just wears a bra when she swims bc she has the same issue as you... It seems to help, sorry its so hard!
    My only other suggestion would be to try a plus size store? They normally have better support for the ladies...
    Luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    I got one at Motherhood when I was pregnant with my first. Best investment ever, still in great condition and I'll be able to use it this time around, on my third pregnancy.

I feel like there are a lot of things in Maternity wear that you can go cheaper on... but swimsuits are NOT in that category.  Splurge there ;-)

Good Luck!

• Options
    ValancyyValancyy member
    edited March 2014
    I literally just bought one online at Old Navy (they are having a sale today of 15% of women's clothes (code ONSAVENOW), and it was already marked down). It got really good reviews and is nice and simple. I got a large based on some of the reviews that said the medium was a bit tight in the chest, but its pretty much all elastic and rouching (sp?) so I figured it would work. 

ETA: I'm 34E (was 34DD before pregnancy) and 5'7", currently weight about 175. I'll let everyone know how it fits once it arrives.

MamaPhoenix5:  That's the swimsuit I bought at first, but when I received it, it was way too tight.  I bought a medium.  I'm 5'6" currently about 168.  C cup right now.  I returned it (thankfully free shipping).  It's a good thing you got a large, hope it fits you!  The weird thing is that I bought a medium tankini at Target and it's actually a little loose (which I guess is good at this stage).  Sizing is crazy.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I bought mine at motherhood maternity (went to Hawaii in Feb for 2 weeks). I bought some additional black skirt swimsuit bottoms at Target (shaving bikini line is tougher now that I can't see!) 
  • Options
    Any ideas about plus size maternity bottoms? I have a takini top I think will fit for a while, but the bottoms im not sure about...I like the full skirt ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I bought mine at kohls. Love it! It's a tankini with a skirt. Super cute and have gotten a lot of compliments on it.
  • Options
    Old navy just got some cute ones on line.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. My sister mentioned buying the one I like at macys and taking it to a seamstress to see if they can add an underwire.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to make do with my bikinis, but now I know the tops wouldn't fit even if I ride the bottoms low, so I bought a tankini on Zulilly. It doesn't have an underwire and my boobs look horrible in it. Also, since I'm used to bikinis, I feel so matronly. I'm going to just spring for a bigger bikini, I think.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    This doesn't help with the underwire issue but this is the one that I'm getting. There are some cute (but mostly expensive) suits on this site. 

I have one in my cart on Amazon too. I need more than one because my dad has a pool and I get laid off in the summer so we swim almost every day. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    I literally just bought one online at Old Navy (they are having a sale today of 15% of women's clothes (code ONSAVENOW), and it was already marked down). It got really good reviews and is nice and simple. I got a large based on some of the reviews that said the medium was a bit tight in the chest, but its pretty much all elastic and rouching (sp?) so I figured it would work. 

ETA: I'm 34E (was 34DD before pregnancy) and 5'7", currently weight about 175. I'll let everyone know how it fits once it arrives.
    Thanks for this! I just ordered one and a couple other things too!!

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• Options
    I need a new one.  I have a cute walmart one that women raved about on my sept 12 board while we were pregnant or pp..i cannot remember. Anyways..my boobs are so big that they just lay against my chest..they don't sit anywhere they're supposed to. Oh well. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I just ordered from Kohls.  40% off all maternity and 30 % plus coupon (SHOP30).  No underwire but seemed much more supportive then the one I have from old navy.

• Options
    Just ordered the PregO Maternity Women's Polkadot Posh Tankini Swimsuit off amazon. After some research, I really hope this works!  I will keep you ladies posted!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Got 2 awesome ones for a vacation in a month... One from Pea in a Pod (snake print tankini) and one on sale from tummy style.com...already love them both!
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    I'm a 36 DDDD before pregnancy and I actually found a really supportive suit at motherhood. I was shocked because I usually spend big bucks on special underwire suits from specialty stores. I think motherhood must do something special to them other places don't. It's worth a try at least.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"