TTC after 35

Getting Healthy Check-In

This will be a post and run but I know you all will encourage and support one another for me.

This is a check- in for anyone trying go get healthier. We have so many new members I want to invite to join in on this post if it applies to you.

So let us know how your week went. Share your successes and your struggles.

I know you have all done well and I will try and be back soon to cheer you on.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Getting Healthy Check-In

• I had a couple of splurge days with my eating, but hey, it was my birthday. I get a free pass, right?
    ;) I also skipped the gym twice but that was more scheduling conflict. Heading to the gym later today. I've been good at taking my vitamins everyday and have been using mindfulness to manage stress. This week I am going to focus on the gym, hopefully gardening and taking a couple of outdoor walks, and getting enough sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's been a crap week for me.  AF should be right around the corner because I feel all out of sorts and this weekend was a bust.  Back on track tomorrow!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Loading the player...
  • I have mostly stopped picking my face when anxious. I feel much better when I look in the mirror; although I would still like to use some medicated treatments to help with my acne. I got a 30 minute massage last week and want to start treating myself better.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited March 2014
    @MelissaMiso always a free pass for bday's!! @thirtyninetoforty same here with AF...nom nom nom :(@URMySunshine77 great job on the no picking. Can't remember...did you see a dermatologist? Massage sounds soo relaxing!

AFM I'm very disappointed that I couldn't even go a week...try 2 days w/o putting junk in my mouth. Bad bad bad. Also big mistake was telling MH that I was on a healthy check-in on board so all I heard all week was why are you eating that... lol. Always tomorrow... or next week or next month :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Still doing about everything the same:) ...hit a plateau on scales, but ppl ask me if I've lost weight , so I will take it:)...finally started af 5-7 days late...so have the bloating:(
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • BeckyP005   Ugh, The Food Police...is there anything more annoying when you are trying to eat well????

• The last week has been crazy for me. AF showed up (booooo), I had my high school drama festival (I'm one of the coaches) AND had to fly across the province for two days of meetings during a snowstorm.

I managed to do okay with eating during the meetings, there were lots of healthy choices. I got a fair number of steps in (read: did a lot of shopping), and spent time with DS, who is 14 and lives with his dad.

I didn't get any official workouts in, but am ready to go today. I began with a walk to school, and will do a full workout later this evening.

And I'm so proud of my students; they won the competition!
  • STRESS! Stress does not make me want to eat well. That and lack of time. But the Fitbit still tells me I'm getting good steps in...so there is that.

For the ladies who are trudging along and doing well: Thumbs up!! You are my heros! 

For those of you who are struggling: I'm right there with you. We'll get there even through the struggle!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• My weigh-in this past Friday has me down .8 for the week, so I'm at 3.8 total so far in 5 weeks. Not fantastic, not horrible. A loss is a loss and I'll take it any way I can get it. 

The end of the week / weekend was very difficult because we went out of town for a wedding. We stayed with friends, so I was not in the comfort and safety of my home and my pantry, so I had to wing it. We were at the rehearsal dinner and it was a buffet (ate and drank bad). The day of the wedding I knew I wouldn't eat until 3 or 4 so DH and I went to publix that morning and bought (and shared) a sub so we wouldn't be starving at the wedding. I still ate a lot of foods I do not typically let myself have at the wedding (not to mention more drinking). Then we ordered pizza that night. Yesterday, driving back was no better (and yes, more drinking - I wasn't driving).

I am happy to be home and back on my routine. I need to hit the gym 4 days this week and be extra mindful to my diet so that I don't pay for last weekend too dearly at my next weigh-in this Friday. I went to the gym this morning and plan to go for a walk at lunch. Hopefully the week will fly by and I can get over the guilt I feel for last weekend. 
  • My weigh-in this past Friday has me down .8 for the week, so I'm at 3.8 total so far in 5 weeks. Not fantastic, not horrible. A loss is a loss and I'll take it any way I can get it. 

The end of the week / weekend was very difficult because we went out of town for a wedding. We stayed with friends, so I was not in the comfort and safety of my home and my pantry, so I had to wing it. We were at the rehearsal dinner and it was a buffet (ate and drank bad). The day of the wedding I knew I wouldn't eat until 3 or 4 so DH and I went to publix that morning and bought (and shared) a sub so we wouldn't be starving at the wedding. I still ate a lot of foods I do not typically let myself have at the wedding (not to mention more drinking). Then we ordered pizza that night. Yesterday, driving back was no better (and yes, more drinking - I wasn't driving).

I am happy to be home and back on my routine. I need to hit the gym 4 days this week and be extra mindful to my diet so that I don't pay for last weekend too dearly at my next weigh-in this Friday. I went to the gym this morning and plan to go for a walk at lunch. Hopefully the week will fly by and I can get over the guilt I feel for last weekend. 
    Try to focus on how you feel, rather than the number. Scales aren't always our friends.

i've struggled with doing everything right and still not seeing the number change, so I'm shifting my focus onto how I feel. And I always feel better after I eat well/exercise.

And guilt is a wasted emotion; the past is the past. Use it as a stepping stool to a better week.

Guilt begone!
  • Try to focus on how you feel, rather than the number. Scales aren't always our friends.

i've struggled with doing everything right and still not seeing the number change, so I'm shifting my focus onto how I feel. And I always feel better after I eat well/exercise.

And guilt is a wasted emotion; the past is the past. Use it as a stepping stool to a better week.

Guilt begone!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks!

I do go based on how I feel, which has greatly improved. I do not notice any changes in my clothes yet, which is my real gauge and I do not focus on the number as much as how I feel. But I do use it as an accountability check and don't weigh myself more than once per week. 
  • well I have been pretty successful for giving up the whole "sweets, sugare etc etc" Saturday night we went to Medieval Times and had a blast, at the end they served apple turnovers I had two bites, gave the rest to hubby ;) 

Anyway my jeans aren't hurting my waistline today, so that is happy news.

Tomorrow I start a 9 day detox program....wish me LUCK!! (couple of days of fasting)

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• well I have been pretty successful for giving up the whole "sweets, sugare etc etc" Saturday night we went to Medieval Times and had a blast, at the end they served apple turnovers I had two bites, gave the rest to hubby ;) 

Anyway my jeans aren't hurting my waistline today, so that is happy news.

Tomorrow I start a 9 day detox program....wish me LUCK!! (couple of days of fasting)
    Good luck!  All you ladies are so inspiring!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• BeckyP005 said:
    @MelissaMiso always a free pass for bday's!! @thirtyninetoforty same here with AF...nom nom nom :(@URMySunshine77 great job on the no picking. Can't remember...did you see a dermatologist? Massage sounds soo relaxing! AFM I'm very disappointed that I couldn't even go a week...try 2 days w/o putting junk in my mouth. Bad bad bad. Also big mistake was telling MH that I was on a healthy check-in on board so all I heard all week was why are you eating that... lol. Always tomorrow... or next week or next month :(
    @BeckyP005

I used to see a dermatologist but I stopped using topical meds when I was pregnant with DS. Ever since I've been freaked out by applying anything to my skin, but I'm open to natural meds while TTC. 

• Tomorrow I start a 9 day detox program....wish me LUCK!! (couple of days of fasting)
    It's tough, but keep reminding yourself that it will feel so good when you are done!

I do a three day juice 1 or 2 times/year. Each year it gets easier... now I actually look forward to it. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @HeathernSteven wow...good luck on your detox program!! You can do it!!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm a little late to the party, but I'll join in. It sounds Luke a lot of you ladies are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Last week was rough for me - too much drinking! And yesterday my favorite jeans were definitely tight. On the bright side, I signed up for a week of free yoga at a local studio, and I've gone twice now, which makes me feel better. And DH and I are looking into switching our regular gym to one closer to home, in hopes of making it easier to get in regularly. Gotta keep working at it!
  • @ewenner, we all slip up. The important thing is how you respond after. You're getting back on track and it will show. :) My gym is pretty close to my house and it is soooo important for it to be convenient or you simply wont go. Keep up the good work!
  • @Davie813, @Mindaa and @BeckyP005 I am on day 2....and a complete whiner LOL. The Dr I work with put me on this and I was complaining to him already. He told me to suck it up LOL, almost 2 days down and 7 to go! I am supposed ot fast tomorrow but I think with 4 hours of massaging I will switch my fast to Friday for my first time.

I will be fasting Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, and THursday.....let's see on next weeks check in if I ma still standing! Killer headache today but it could be caffeine withdrawl.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• A Baby Shower today at work could have easily torpedo'd my entire week's progress. . . sigh... and to top it off, today is my no-gym day. I'm gonna try and do some kind of exercise when I get home to offset at least a teenie part of that slice of cake I had.  :((
  • OK, I regressed. I had an anxious day yesterday and reverted to some picking at my face. I have anxiety, but it's not bad enough for medication. I need to use the advice of @hooligans4 and cut my nails down!! :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"