February 2013 Moms
Options

Sleeping in clothes?

Is it bad to let my ds sleeping his clothes tonight? He fell asleep in the way home didn't put his pjs on before they left. I put him from the car seat to bed, but didn't change him out of his clothes.
*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: Sleeping in clothes?

• Options
    No biggie, DS sleeps in shorts all the time.  No shirt, cuz he's a nudist, but also because we keep our house really warm.

• Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. If lo falls asleep in her clothes I'm definitely not waking her up to change her..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, again we are terrible parents.  Yes, we use pjs...but if she has on a good shirt without too much junk on it from the day, we just put her to bed in that.  She always uses a sleep sack unless she really falls asleep before we put it on, which hasn't happened since she was tiny...  
  • Options
    kleigh926kleigh926 member
    edited March 2014
    DD always goes to sleep in her clothes underneath her PJ's (a fleece footed sleeper). She wears soft, cotton onesies, shirts, and pants... plenty comfortable enough to sleep in. Now if her clothes were dirty or she was wearing something uncomfortable for sleep, like jeans or a dress, then I would change her out of that. But if she fell asleep with her clothes on, no matter what they were, I wouldn't wake her up to change her. 

ETA: I should add that the main reason we put her to bed with clothes on is to keep her warm. She won't use a blanket and I'm afraid she'd get too cold without layers on underneath her PJ's. We do usually take her pants off and just keep on a long-sleeved onesie or a short-sleeved onesie with a shirt over top, plus her socks. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    wifeofadamwifeofadam member
    edited March 2014
    If that's bad then I'm a bad mom, too!  My older boys sleep in their clothes more than I care to admit.  DD1 sometimes sleeps in whatever costume she's wearing at bedtime.

I figure it's less laundry for me to do...

• Options
    I have done this with DS a few times. Lately he comes home from DC filthy, though, so I haven't done it in awhile. 

• Options
    kleigh926 said:
    DD always goes to sleep in her clothes underneath her PJ's (a fleece footed sleeper). She wears soft, cotton onesies, shirts, and pants... plenty comfortable enough to sleep in. Now if her clothes were dirty or she was wearing something uncomfortable for sleep, like jeans or a dress, then I would change her out of that. But if she fell asleep with her clothes on, no matter what they were, I wouldn't wake her up to change her. 

ETA: I should add that the main reason we put her to bed with clothes on is to keep her warm. She won't use a blanket and I'm afraid she'd get too cold without layers on underneath her PJ's. We do usually take her pants off and just keep on a long-sleeved onesie or a short-sleeved onesie with a shirt over top, plus her socks. 

Have you tried halo sleep sacks? We love them!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    I have done it a lot. Dd takes fore ER to fall asleep. There is no way I would wake her .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"