Late Term and Child Loss

Vent update

dadaloudadalou member
edited April 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
I just opened the mail from today. In it there were two letters from the hospital. One was a stating that our insurance company is disputing some of the charges from my stay for Nathaniel's birth and that now we owe them at least $1900 more on top of the nearly $1000 that we already paid. The other was a letter inviting me to register for the new mother class the hospital has. This is the second one I have gotten in the last month or so.

I really don't need this right now. It's making me really angry and stressed.

***Update - I just talked to customer service from the hospital and they said that the insurance company took back their payment and reprocessed the claim. It has been resolved and now we only owe another $261. So much better. That I can handle.

I was so worried that it was going to be bills for Nathaniel because I have been told that there were about 7 people working on him trying to resuscitate him for about 45 minutes. We had called to have him added to DH's insurance, but couldn't because he didn't have a birth certificate so wouldn't be able to get a SSN. I really didn't want DH to have to deal with that again. It didn't go so well the first time. It seems that no one knows what to do and there are no policies in place to deal with the situation.
Abigail Grace 9/7/10
Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
Felicity Hope 4/6/15

Re: Vent update

• Ugh so sorry you keep getting these awful reminders I hate it myself when I get the bills ... hoping they stop soon and you can clear up the dispute xo
  • Bills are so hard to see - it just seems so wrong to still have to pay so much money! Hopefully you can get the insurance stuff figured out. I hate getting the baby ads and boxes of formula and coupons for formula. The worst.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry.  I hope you can get the insurance straightened out.  We are having issues with that too and are going back and forth with the hospital and insurance.  Its not easy to deal with the finances, especially when you didn't even get to take the baby home.  The hospital should not be sending you anything for classes.  They should know better.  Don't be afraid to call them and complain.  I hope that you find some relief from all this soon.  
  • I'm sorry you have to deal with that. We had a bill randomly make its way to us and had to make a lot of calls to figure it out. Hope you can sort that out quick with your insurance. As for the letter about classes, UGH, I hate that too.... BBB keeps sending me stupid coupons. My neighbors probably think I'm an insano because every couple of days I'm standing at the mailbox screaming NOOOOO and ripping up my mail. Ok...just thinking about myself doing this did make me chuckle I'll admit but in the moment its super anger inducing.  ((HUGS)))
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• So sucky. Its so painful. I dont know how many times weve talked to toys r us to take us off their list.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• How frustrating. And the invitation to the new mother's class is just a slap in the face. I'm sorry that you're dealing with this and hope that the process to work out the bills is as quick and painless as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"