TTC after 35
Options

Hello! (New here)

Hi everyone,

Decided to dive right in here and say hello.

It's funny - for the past 10 years I've been hearing all these dire warnings about delaying children, and used to (smugly I realize now) think "oh, thank goodness I don't have to worry about that" since I was married for the first time at 27.   But...I kept finding reasons to put off TTC (career, finances, even the need for home repairs).  And then finally at age 34, my marriage a wreck, it struck me that the reason I was delaying having kids was that I didn't want to have them with him. During and after my divorce, I heard a lot of "well, at least you don't have kids."  Cold comfort with that dreaded 35 number staring me in the face.

But, I am now happily married to a wonderful man with whom I most definitely want to have babies, and we jumped right into TTC after our wedding last May.  Though, so far, to no avail :( 

So, we're now in the "last ditch" phase before moving on to medical assistance.  DH had an SA a few months ago, and everything came up normal.  We met with an RE and I had the typical suite of tests (hormones, HSP) about a month ago.  Everything was fine, thus giving me the dubious diagnosis of "unexplained infertility."  So, we're going to keep going the old-fashioned way for a couple more months and see what happens.  RE's plan seems to be the standard: Clomid, followed by Clomid + IUI, then re-assess.

I'm already pretty sick of this whole process, but trying to stay as optimistic and sane as possible.  I'm finding that as time goes on, the optimistic is harder though sanity a little easier, as I'm realizing it's just not sustainable to try to organize my life around TTC. So I'm also training for a half marathon (figure hey, I'd love to have wasted the entrance fee because I finally get my BFP before the race!), having a drink now and then (had given up alcohol entirely for awhile but that got old fast), doing bbt some months, and others not, and so on.

Anyway, that's my story.  Thanks for reading, and I look forward to engaging with what seems like a really caring, supportive, and fun group of ladies!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello! (New here)

• Options
    Welcome!  You've come to the right place...everyone is great here.  Good luck!
    :o3
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options
    Hi and Welcome!!! Your story is similar to mine. Was married once before and never had kids. Didn't because I knew I didn't really want to with him.  After the divorce, I met my current hubby when I was 34 and we went on to get married when I was 37.  We've been actively TTC #1 for a while now, but I'll spare you the details as unfortunately we have not been successful.  I still remain hopeful :)

All the best to you on your journey!!

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. This group is amazingly supportive, but I hope your stay is a short one. Best wishes on your journey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi welcome, hoping ur stay is short & sweet. Good luck to you in your TTC journey
  • Options
    Welcome!
    ****Older Child Warning****
    Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
    Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
    One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
    Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
    February 1997 given all clear!
    Told of suspected infertility
    Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
    April 2014 infertility confirmed
    IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
    @LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Welcome. Me too!! Married at 23 and never tried for kids - wrong guy- met mr right at 32 but waited to marry till timing was right- last summer - and started ttc in August. Congrats on meeting the right guy!!! We have only been temping since November. so here we are .... I'm now 36 1/2 and he is 40 1/2.

I have many friends on the same boat with the late timing. And one just got pregnant after 2 mc's and she is 37. Dr told her her eggs were old. But she got a good egg. I'm happy for her it gives me hope. I have no idea how my eggs are but my cycles are normal and I ovulate each month.

l look forward to the next month and it's all about luck and timing. I haven't been to an RE but am hopeful that everything is fine. We haven't really got our timing right more than 2 or 3 times. I think going would stress me out. I have had horrible luck with western medicine - I seem to be the one case that everything goes wrong with - so I want to avoid medication and am focussing on Traditional Foods diet of Weston Price and taking good care of myself. Lots of good quality butter and cod liver oil.

I have also been doing self-Maya Arvigo abdominal massage for 2 months and last week, my period was not painful for the first time. I'm focusing on preparing my body for a healthy pregnancy. Each month I make myself feel better by thinking about having another month of good diet behind me. I am keeping very positive about being ready for a baby.

I highly recommend this maya Arvigo massage - maybe you have a practitioner near you? I am in NYC. You only go once (but they teach you to do it yourself bc it's something you do daily). It strengthens your ligaments that hold the uterus. It also brings blood flow towards the uterus and can help it position into the right spot. It's very gentle and I do it every night in bed before sleep. I use pure cocoa butter and jojoba oil and imagine I'm preventing stretch marks. It's also a nice 5 minutes or so to meditate on the baby.

Anyway, the practitioners have told me that preparing the body is such a big deal. This moth my period was pain free and cherry red no clots so this is a great sign that my body is cleaning up and gearing up. Fingers crossed for next month... And I'm here all the time so I look forward to more posts!

Love and welcome.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for the warm welcome!  Hope none of us are on here much longer :)

PrivateOne and Radiantly - wow our stories do all seem pretty similar!

Radiantly, congrats to you as well, and thanks for the info on the massage - I'd never heard of that but will look into whether there is a practitioner in my city.  I have done some acupuncture, though I'm undecided at this point whether to keep with it.  Can't hurt I suppose, but so far it's a lot of time and money without any noticeable changes.  But maybe I'm just being impatient. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! Hope your stay is short...
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Welcome! Good luck in TTC!!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    Thanks! Yes I forgot I am also doing acupuncture. Need to make another appt! ;)
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    Welcome!
    Wishing you the best of luck with your process!
    40 yr old.
    1 daughter - 14 yrs old
    2 miscarriages

• Options
    Tsuga76 said:

I'm already pretty sick of this whole process, but trying to stay as optimistic and sane as possible.  I'm finding that as time goes on, the optimistic is harder though sanity a little easier, as I'm realizing it's just not sustainable to try to organize my life around TTC. So I'm also training for a half marathon (figure hey, I'd love to have wasted the entrance fee because I finally get my BFP before the race!), having a drink now and then (had given up alcohol entirely for awhile but that got old fast), doing bbt some months, and others not, and so on.

Welcome!  Sounds like you have a good, balanced approach that's preventing TTC from taking over your life.  I'm trying (with more success some days than others) to do that, too.  I hope you don't actually run the half marathon (if you know what I mean), but good for you for training!  Best of luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Hello and welcome! There are some acupuncturists across the street and I found out that my insurance probably covers it, so I need to go and try!

Good luck to you in your TTC journey.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Hello and welcome to the board :) Good luck training for the marathon!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"