Babies on the Brain

Thinking about TTC

So I have been married for about 6 months and have been with my husband for about 6 years and we bought our home last summer and both have good jobs....I have been having babies in my brain like it all I can think about and being a hairdresser I talk to my clients and everyone is telling me I'm crazy and I should wait at least a year! What gives if we're both ready and we're financially ok should I rethink TTC.

Re: Thinking about TTC

• What does your husband think? He's really the only one that matters.
  • Wait a year for what?  I say plan one last hurrah vacation and then go at it if you both are ready.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess is that what gives is that you are only 6 months out from having your wedding and you are looking for the next thing to fill that "void".

There is no right or wrong answer as to when to start, but really sit down with your DH and think if there is anything you want to do without kids. We now have two girls, and while I wouldn't trade it for anything, sometimes I wish we would have done more as a couple (like a really nice vacation) before starting a family. Once kids enter the picture, it makes some things harder to do/plan IMO.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have been on so many vacations just us two that why I think I'm ready there is nothing we haven't done together
  • And he wants one to I don't know what to do?
  • And he wants one to I don't know what to do?
    Then have a baby...if you both want one and think you're ready why wait? I got pregnant one month after we got married. Granted it wasn't planned but still wanted.

• What do you want us to say?   If you husband is ready and you are ready and you have done all the things you want to do as a couple, then go for it.  Or don't.

Its not our decision.  Its yours.  It could happen quickly or it could take awhile.  You just never know. 

We can't tell you what you are missing.  And we can't tell you that having a baby is going to fill that void for whatever it is you feel you are missing or don't feel like you have done yet.

Its a decision that you and your hubby need to make on your own, without the influence of internet strangers.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• There's no "magic-perfect timing" to waiting a year or waiting 10 or only waiting 6 months!  It's about what's right for you. 

DH and I were married 4 years when DD was born and I feel like we were ready, but having a baby is always going to be a huge change. 

If you feel like you've done everything and you both want to go for it - then go for it!  TTC tends to take some time (though not always!) and then you've got another 9 months :)

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"