May 2012 Moms
Options

Garden check in

I started 2 - 72 trays of seeds last week. The cauliflower sprouted within two days. Never tried doing cauliflower before so this is new to me. They are already up to the lid of the grow tray. Spaghetti squash, watermelon, musk melon, dill, and a couple of tomatoes sprung up this week.

The weather here is all rainy this weekend so I won't get much done. I may pick up a few more packs of seeds including hops, rosemary, and basil.

How are you garden preps going?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Garden check in

• Options
    Still WAY to early here in New York, I won't start seeds until mid April. Plus I don't want to have to harden off cold season stuff so I'll do that right into the ground.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    Last year I started seeds in April... But there's still way too much snow this year.  I'm thinking it will be mid June at the earliest before I can put anything in the ground. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just bought two garden decorations and a decorative bird house at Marshalls. They have some great stuff now!

• Options
    tjkdlhb said:
    Last year I started seeds in April... But there's still way too much snow this year.  I'm thinking it will be mid June at the earliest before I can put anything in the ground. 
    Same here. All I can say is we had better not get snow before December 1st this year or I'm going to be pissed. We are at 200% of our normal snowfall this year. Not cool!!
  • Options
    It snowed/sleeted on Long Island today. My daughter actually built a snowman at my inlaws that was as tall as her!

• Options
    Yup snowed here too! I'm starting to think it'll never end! I'm glad I didn't start seeds yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"