Cleveland Babies

Northeast Ohio Hospitals

So I just found out that I am pregnant! Before I start searching for an OB, I figured I should figure out what hospital I want to deliver at. I live in Medina and I refuse to deliver at Medina Hospital (I know of some horror stories). Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I am leaning towards Akron General, Akron City, or Fairview but I am open to anything. Thank you!

Re: Northeast Ohio Hospitals

• I delivered at Akron City in November 2011.  I was there on one of the busiest days (11/11/11) and had to share my room twice with two different mothers and their babies.  It was awful.  Everything else there was wonderful.  I had an emergency c/s after laboring for 15ish hours.

I believe all the rooms are now private so the room sharing thing shouldn't be an issue anymore.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What's the problem with Medina?
  • Loading the player...
  • I was born at Medina, as were 4/5 siblings. No issues. What have you heard?
  • WulfgarWulfgar member
    We had our first in Akron City.  Some of MW's friends have had children in both General and City.  From a delivery standpoint, they are about the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• beapbeap member
    I can't comment on hospitals yet. I'm planning on Akron General for now, but kinda of wondering if I should choose a doctor that would deliver at one of the Cleveland Clinic hospitals. I figure if we have world class health care in our area, why wouldn't I take advantage of it?! But all of the hospitals you can deliver at are 45 minutes or more from us. 
    I can recommend OBGYN Associates in Bath for an OB.They have been great so far and it's an all women practice. I like my doctor there, so I'm kind of afraid to make the switch to a Cleveland Clinic doc. 
  • Congratulations!! I'm not sure about Akron Hospitals but my whole family has used fairview hospital and I plan on going there when my little one comes (Due in August). No one has had any complaints about it from this side.  Good luck with your decision and your pregnancy! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"