Multiples
Options

I don't belong here, but need stroller help

alakealake member
edited March 2014 in Multiples
Hi, I don't belong on this board, but am in desperate need of a triple stroller.
I have a:
19 month old
adopted 13 month old
and currently have custody of a 1 month old.
I have been using a City Jogger City select.  I haven't had to take all three out together so it hasn't been to big of an deal.
I have three older children and when it becomes summer, I am going to need to be able to take them out together.  If anybody could give me an idea on a good stroller I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: I don't belong here, but need stroller help

• Options
    I'm new to this board, but I got a Joovy Caboose Twin Stroller (it has a bench in the back) and also have a couple carriers. I would suggest keeping your 1 month old in the carrier if you can...my DD loves it!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options
    Are you going to be adopting the infant too?  If that is not for certain I would get a double, maybe a valco trimode double  and wear the infant or with that stroller you can also purchase a joey seat for the oldest to sit in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alakealake member

Are you going to be adopting the infant too?  If that is not for certain I would get a double, maybe a valco trimode double  and wear the infant or with that stroller you can also purchase a joey seat for the oldest to sit in.
    It isn't for sure.  We have only had custody of her for two weeks.  She is my adopted ones little sister.  It may turn into the same option and we most likely if given the option will adopt her.
  • Options
    I have the Joovy Big Caboose as my triple. It's a two seater plus sit n stand board on the back, so it can hold 3. Comes standard with two universal infant carrier adapters and two snack trays.

It's a beast. It barely fits in the back of my minivan due to its frame length.

I have used it a couple of times when I've had to take my newborn to dr's appointments with my twins in tow. It's useful as a "people mover" or mommy lasso, but not for a leisure stroll. My twins are serious flight risks and I need something to keep them under control and safe when I'm alone crossing the parking lot or street. It might work at a zoo with flat walks, but it's heavy and doesn't steer as easily as my Graco Quattro tandem.  The frame is clunky & square edged instead of tubular, so I put some of the strap covers on the rails like you'd buy for a carseat as my girls like to flail their heads around when they throw the 2 yr old tantrums for whatever their reasons are that particular day.

I found it pretty cheap on craigslist, but I would not pay full price for one.

I bought a Caboose Too seat on sale which adapted the sit n stand platform to a true 3rd forward facing seat with a 5 pt harness after both of the girls figured out they could escape off of the sit n stand jump seat.

Congrats on your family, and best wishes on the current custody. DH & I have have been drawn to adoption or foster care needs for some time. It's likely we may pursue that in the future if it continues to be in the forefronts of our minds.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    City mini makes a triplete jogger, great for parks etc. But the city select is best for the city and easy in and out.
  • Options
    Valco twin tri mode with Joey seat. That is what we use for our triplets and for you will work cause double and add another seat or don't have to have it on for the third. It is pricy but we love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you already have the City Select, consider the Englacha Junior X-Rider attachment. I find it works very well for us, and it's easy to clip on and off for times when you just want to wear the baby and take the stroller as a double.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    I have an almost two year old and 2 month old twins. We have a Valco Zee Two with a detachable Joey seat. It's great! The stroller is pricey but is totally worth it. It's easy to push and steer. I love that it can be a triple stroller for now while my daughter is too young to walk around on her own but we can remove the third seat when she's older. The zee two is smaller than the tri-mode twin that someone referred to above. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    Add on to the city select!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards