3rd Trimester

Movement only felt in lower belly?

Im 31 wks pregnant and for the last week Ive only felt movement in the lower belly/underwear edge. I wonder how the baby is positioned and if this shift in movement from upper/mid belly to extreme lower belly is common at 31wks?

Re: Movement only felt in lower belly?

• Babies can change position multiple times before they settle. It's not unusual to feel it in different areas at different times. I wouldn't be concerned unless there was a change in the actual amount of movement. Bring it up at your next appointment. Doctor should be able to give you an idea of baby's position.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes will do next week at my appt. I was just curious as to his position and why no movement elsewhere...Thank you :)
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're curious about position, I've found this site helpful:

https://pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com/2008/09/baby_position_in_womb.php

I'm never 100% sure until the doctor confirms it but it is kind of fun to try to figure out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also mostly feel my baby down low. Occasionally she will kick higher but she has never been up in my ribs or anything like that. Don't worry unless the baby has a change in movement frequency.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• With DS1 I always felt him on my sides and up in my ribs. But with this LO, he's usually always down low around my cervix. It's pretty uncomfortable. It's been like this for a little over a month now, and I'm almost 29 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"