Just got the call that that my beta was negative. I was completely prepared for it because of all the negative HPTs but am very irritated at my body for the cramping it kept doing (which was different from my first 2WW which had absolutely no cramps) that kept giving me hope that maybe I just had late implantation, etc.
My WTF isn't schedule until May 20th, but my nurse assured me I will see my RE sooner, since they'll call me when they get a cancellation. I had already decided I wanted to take some time off to give my body a break and to work to lose some of the weight I've gained, but if I'd had my heart set on trying again, immediately, I would be very upset about not having an earlier appointment booked. I am a little worried after this last cycle, especially, that I'm going to diagnosed with DOR and will need to more quickly. I'm going to keep up with the DHEA, COQ10 and the supplements my acupuncturist recommended.
What I find so hard about this is that when we started the talk of IVF back in Sept/Oct, we were sure it was all due to my husband's idiotic decision to have a vasectomy (after his divorce and before I met him) and the failure of the reversal surgery (he apparently developed a lot of scar tissue, which is blocking the tubes) and that it would be easy. In fact my RE said I was his favorite type of patient (no known issues with me all MFI) because he was so certain it would work the first time! And we'd get plenty of embryos to freeze for future children! Which has definitely turned out not to be the case. Going in, I was prepared for problems because of my age, but after all the testing and discussions with the RE I was feeling really good about all this. I'm not losing my faith that this will eventually work, but I am much more worried about how expensive and hard this is going to be for us. And how it is all so beyond my control. I'm a planner and there is no way to plan and deal with all this.
37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.
IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN
#2 MDL w/PICSI March
2014 = BFN
#3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d
IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist