July 2012 Moms

Sleep time comfort items

Does your LO have a stuffed animal or blanket that they use for comfort to help them go to sleep?

Does anyone use something that sings lullabies or glows in the dark. ie. a glowworm, Cloud B items (lamb, giraffe, twilight turtle).  Is it worth it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Re: Sleep time comfort items

• Dagny has a lovie. It was one I was given at a shower and I've now bought several more off EBay because she can't be without it...anywhere. We have a sound machine we use and she also has a nightlight but that's more for is to be able to see to check on her.

• A whole pile of books, like no fewer than five. He figures out how to sleep around them, which amazes me. Don't even try to take one out or he will freak out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mira sleeps with her "baby" (cabbage patch baby doll) and her "Ooo-Eee" (monkey my best friend bought her). She also likes her white noise machine on. Oh and she won't wear anything but footed pjs to bed. I tried monkey pjs that weren't footed and she screamed and took them off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We have trying to get my son to pick a lovey to no avail. Paci been gone since 6 months too.
    Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought DS a pig that I had tried to make his lovey, but it didn't work. Boo. However, when the baby was born, the baby gave him a little Grover doll, who has stuck as a lovey.  We just started using the Twilight Turtle again after a 15m-hiatus. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mr. Hippo. That thing has been her favorite since her meatloaf days. MIL was kind enough to pick up two extras for me because Em is so attached that she throws a fit if I put him in the wash. Same with her blankie. She's caught on that we have two of those and now insists on having both in her bed with her.

She also has to have her fan, sound machine, and humidifier on, but I think it's more to drown out other noises in our house. Thin walls and dogs. %-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Avery has recently gotten attached to a Taggies softie monkey. It's super soft and she has to have it to sleep.

DD#1 has a little leapfrog Violet that plays 20min of lullabies. It can also play nature sounds. I think it was a Target exclusive. She's used it for 3 1/2yrs, so definitely worth the money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aimee223 said:

scout

and a small elmo are his buddies. scout lights up/plays music and he hugs elmo.

Sometimes i'll hear the Scout music come on in the middle of the night or during a nap - LO can turn it on half-awake and put himself back to sleep.

We have Violet and it's a favorite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KarmBKarmB member
    she needs to sleep with her stuffed dog, her stuffed cat, her nighttime seahorse, and her two beanie baby bunnies....and yes, she holds them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"