1st Trimester
Options

just had first ultrasound! and Bronchitis.

I was dated at 6 weeks, 6 days which is about what I suspected (periods were wonky and I was on the pill so I didnt use LMP to date, OB agreed), and the heart beat was 144 BPM!  I hope that means all is ok.  I am a first time mom, and even when someone says something is "beautiful" or "strong" or "great" I still just WORRY.  Also the doctor said that since the yolk sac is on the smaller side, that means there is less of a risk of miscarriage... has anyone ever heard that? Made me feel a little better.

I had been worrying non stop because I came down with bronchitis two days ago and had such bad broncho spasms last night I ended up in the ER with a DuoNeb treatment (albuterol and atrovent), and they sent me home with Zithromax. I was so worried about what the meds might do to baby (still am kind of worried, especially since I took sudafed and tylenol the day before per my OB's suggestion)... but all the doctors have assured me that getting Oxygen to the baby is much more important, and the medications are safe.

Just sharing... but if anyone has experience with either of these things, if that HB sounds like a good one, or if anyones taken meds while pregnant... please jump on here and share!

Thanks in advance ladies!
Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: just had first ultrasound! and Bronchitis.

• Options
    Thanks @savannah_girl‌ ! I appreciate the feedback :) I was frustrated with OB office in general because I was on the phone with the on call answering service at 8pm and never got a call back. Went to the ER and then called them again at 1030pm to make sure they would agree with what ER doc was prescribing... No call back again!! So I was pretty darn close to switching honestly... My OB had told me a few weeks before that albuterol was safe though, and the day before yesterday that sudafed and Tylenol were recommended for my cold. I trust them ... I still just worry it's too much all at once but that's a very good point about what people do before they even know they're pregnant. Good call, thank you!
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's not too much, and you being sick is worse for baby. Right now you don't even share a blood supply (that starts between 8 and 10 weeks). Interesting side note on the effects of bronchitis in a much later pregnancy- I wound up in the ER earlier this week with acute bronchitis and asthma. When I got there I felt like crap, but it wasn't anything I hadn't handled before. I was a little grey from difficulty breathing. Baby's heartrate is usually between 130 and 150 at this point in the pregnancy (depending on of she's sleeping or being active)- but when they pulled out the Doppler, she was all the way up at 165 but not thrashing around like she usually does when its on the high side. After my breathing treatment and a dose of oral steroids, she was back down at 136 when they released me. It was a good reminder that even though I can manage with low oxygen, baby has to handle it too. The meds are fine :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went in for my first ultrasound today. Based on my LMP I should've been 8w4d, but baby measured at 6w6d. Couldn't hear the heartbeat, but we could see the flicker. Tech measured it at 125bpm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"