September 2012 Moms

FFFC

Since I'm awake and need something to do..... Confessions whenever you get here!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I see my dad and step mom this weekend and I know the first thing they will notice is that I gained back a majority of the weight I lost. I'm sad and disappointed that my excitement is broken by their issues with my body.

• I was training a girl yesterday and she kept answering emails and sending texts. I was in a meeting with her counterpart on Monday who kept doing the same thing. It took everything in me not to say something to their supervisor. I think it's rude especially when you are being so obvious!

• Good morning willy_gert!  I'm still at work, out of here at 2am (30 more min).  Are you feeling any better strep throat wise?

• I was super amped up to run this 5k tomorrow until I found out it was going to rain the whole day. Now I'm debating on skipping but having guilt because it sold out and I feel like I screwed someone out of the spot. Fingers crossed they got the forecast wrong!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • I sometimes feel that I'm not fully qualified for my job - and even though I knew when I got hired that I would be learning the job, I feel like I'm not catching on quickly enough and if the job is passed on to me I'm afraid my ineptness will be incredibly obvious.
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • edited March 2014

I didn't read/do Linzeek's workshop because I knew I'd feel judged.

What is this??? 

ETA: NVM, saw it.
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Also, daycare updated their snack menu and asked me to circle anything Penny could eat. I took a look and realized there's only like, one thing I'm comfortable with, so I just quietly put it back and pretended I didn't see it.
  • DH and I are planning a 'no spend ' month in April to kick start our new budget. I don't have time to finish my Easter shopping by the first so I'm getting gift cards today so it's not a worry, DH told me it's cheating so I added a Starbucks GC to my list out of spite.

I have an appointment at 3:30, I can't wait to get away for an hour or two.

I'm still hurt that DD says tons of words and names but won't say mama, she knows it's me but never says it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm starting a registry for baby #3 so I can get the swag bag and the completion coupon. Don't worry, I won't share it on my FB.
    Okay, so this is just a question, because I wonder about it.  I have a friend who created an amazon registry for the little boy they are adopting.  They have had him in their care off and on for a majority of his life and just finally got approval for the adoption.  He is now 5.  I love adoption and think they are amazing for what they are doing, but I felt awkward when she shared the registry on FB.  So, do you guys think it is awkward in general, or its just me?  It could totally be just me because this is my friend who stopped speaking to me all together after she took Luci's newborn pictures for me.  

• I'm a little bummed that no one has offered to throw at least a sprinkle or a diaper shower for this baby. I just feel like since it's a boy this time, it would have at least been mentioned by someone in my family.

I won't bring it up and I can totally go to Once Upon a Child for all of his clothes and will start stockpiling diapers soon...but for some reason it bums me out that there won't be a party for him.

#stmproblems #fwp

Anniversary

• @MrsKipper‌ you could throw a meet the baby party? I plan on throwing a mini one when/if I ever have another. Just some wine, no presents necessary, but still celebrating the arrival of your new bundle of joy :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited March 2014
    @misscheapandchic‌ by the time I got around to planning and preparing, I'm pretty sure it would just end up being his first birthday party! ;)

ETA: TB hates me and keeps posting this twice no matter what I do!

Anniversary

•  

I think a sprinkle or shower for anyone having 2u2, even if they are different sexes, is weird. People that want to buy you gifts will do so anyways, but besides boy clothes and diapers, you shouldn't need anything.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• MrsKipper said:
    I'm a little bummed that no one has offered to throw at least a sprinkle or a diaper shower for this baby. I just feel like since it's a boy this time, it would have at least been mentioned by someone in my family. I won't bring it up and I can totally go to Once Upon a Child for all of his clothes and will start stockpiling diapers soon...but for some reason it bums me out that there won't be a party for him. #stmproblems #fwp
    #ifeelya

• My hands make me look like I'm 60 years old.  They're so dry lately and no matter what I put on them, nothing is helping.  It made me realize that I spend all this time and money on my face, when the most tell tale aging spots IMO are your hands and neck.  Since I spend so much time showing people stuff and using my hands, I really need to work on this.  A few of my students already call me ma'am.  I don't want anymore of them doing that.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• My mom and I discussed showers for second babies the other day and agreed that it really depends on the situation.  Not that one child is more important than another, or anything like that.  
    But for instance:  There was not a shower for my brother and SIL's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th children.  There was not a shower for my sister's 2nd.  

BUT if my sister were to get married and have another child like she wants to, there would probably be a shower for the third baby, because it would be her 1st with her husband, etc.

If we were to have another after DH's transplant, I wouldn't be surprised by my family and friends throwing a shower, because obviously, we will have/ already have gone through a lot to get there.  

I think if people want to throw the shower for someone else, by all means, do what you want.

• My SIL went to the doc yesterday.  She's not dilated or effaced yet.  She asked her doc if he would induce her because she's so big.  He told her that the soonest she'd be induced would be a week after her due date which is 4/5.  She then posted on FB that she was drinking some castor oil (BLEH!) to try and get things moving.  I then heard all afternoon about how stupid that was because she was trapped in the bathroom.

I couldn't help but laugh when I talked to her.  I really feel like this is karma because she's been bitching about being pregnant and how horrible it is since SEPTEMBER.  FYI, she had literally nothing while pregnant except some constipation in the 1st tri.  
    I would advise her to be careful with castor oil.

I have an aunt who was overdue and thought "well, shit, let's drink some castor oil and get this baby out!" 

Well, she got what she wished for. She drank castor oil and her labour was so fast and furious that her cervix actually tore as well as her vagina and who knows what else. They had to reconstruct her.

I know castor oil is an old wives tale, but she isn't the first person who has drank it and actually gone into labour. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • BobKat22 said:
    I have a friend that is insisting on throwing me a small shower for this baby. I'm embarrassed to invite anyone.
    I've had 2 tell me they're doing it.  I have told them both no and just explained that I really think it's ridiculous since they'll be so close in age.  Even if the 2nd one is a boy, I just feel really uncomfortable about it myself.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• My SIL went to the doc yesterday.  She's not dilated or effaced yet.  She asked her doc if he would induce her because she's so big.  He told her that the soonest she'd be induced would be a week after her due date which is 4/5.  She then posted on FB that she was drinking some castor oil (BLEH!) to try and get things moving.  I then heard all afternoon about how stupid that was because she was trapped in the bathroom.

I couldn't help but laugh when I talked to her.  I really feel like this is karma because she's been bitching about being pregnant and how horrible it is since SEPTEMBER.  FYI, she had literally nothing while pregnant except some constipation in the 1st tri.  
    I would advise her to be careful with castor oil.

I have an aunt who was overdue and thought "well, shit, let's drink some castor oil and get this baby out!" 

Well, she got what she wished for. She drank castor oil and her labour was so fast and furious that her cervix actually tore as well as her vagina and who knows what else. They had to reconstruct her.

I know castor oil is an old wives tale, but she isn't the first person who has drank it and actually gone into labour. 
    This is fricking terrifying.  Seriously, that's one of the worst things I've ever heard.  Bleh.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• My hands make me look like I'm 60 years old.  They're so dry lately and no matter what I put on them, nothing is helping.  It made me realize that I spend all this time and money on my face, when the most tell tale aging spots IMO are your hands and neck.  Since I spend so much time showing people stuff and using my hands, I really need to work on this.  A few of my students already call me ma'am.  I don't want anymore of them doing that.
    I've just recently started noticing this and it's making me so annoyed. I don't like lotion and can count on one hand the number of times I've put it on and I think it's starting to show. :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• BobKat22 said:
    I have a friend that is insisting on throwing me a small shower for this baby. I'm embarrassed to invite anyone.
    My sisters have showers for every baby. I've never really understood. They insisted on throwing me a shower for my second and I just flat out refused and was adamantly clear that I would not give them an invite list or show up so to not bother. They didn't bother, but never let me hear the end of it. That's just me though!

• dimples12 said:
    @mrskipper I get where you are coming from. It's the celebration of his life, yea? We are doing a tradition of a girls' day to celebrate babies amongst my g/fs. No gifts or minimal focus on them. However, sprinkles often rub me as gift grabby (in general, not you).

Exactly. If it solicits gifts, it's tacky. Celebrate the baby all you want. We will probably do Nora's birthday party/meet the baby so that people won't randomly stop by to visit. But gifts are unwelcomed.
    This is such a great idea!  I will most likely be stealing this from you. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Here are my FFFCs that I'm kind of nervous to admit here.

I have no problem picking up my DH's phone to go through his FB or texts. I can bet money that it's only been a handful of times and usually I do it out of boredom. No matter what anyone claims (because I've seen it claimed hundreds of times), it's not a distrust issue with DH. It's more just a curiosity situation. He has friends from his HS years that I met and lightly got to know when DH started dating, but I wouldn't claim to be close enough friends with them to FB friend them. I'm occasionally curious for their updates, among other things, I'm sure. DH could care less, literally. He's more than welcome to my phone as well, though he's much less curious!

Also, I've seen Blackfish and thought it was sad and definitely made me think about things a little more regarding Sea World. I'm still planning on taking my kids in September and I really don't have any guilt.

• In college I didn't want to have sex until I was married. I had had sex before but I wanted to stop and wait for my husband. In order to avoid fooling around with guys I knew I'd be tempted by I would purposely not shave my legs or my vag. No way I was letting anyone in my pants to find that.

Now when I look back I wish I had fooled around with some of them.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• Cheenomae said:

BobKat22 said:

My sisters have showers for every baby. I've never really understood. They insisted on throwing me a shower for my second and I just flat out refused and was adamantly clear that I would not give them an invite list or show up so to not bother. They didn't bother, but never let me hear the end of it. That's just me though!

I don't mind second showers if they are just small get togethers with a few close friends. Big showers with a registry, no way. That said I don't want a second when I have another.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• I just wish I had friends to throw me a party. Ha. No sprinkle/shower here because I have no friends.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I have never used a sex toy.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • In my area, full showers for each kid (even 2u2) is normal. But I also don't think shower automatically means gift giving. Come, celebrate, bring a gift if you want.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • BobKat22 said:
    I have had a shower for each kid and people are already planning one for this baby. I do not enjoy baby showers or any event where I am the center of attention. But my friends/DH's stepmom insist that I'm taking away their happiness if I don't let them do this. I won't be registering and I'm trying to convince everyone to keep the guest list small. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but it does make me very uncomfortable.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"