Two Under 2

Four Months In and A-OK

My boys are 12 months and 2 weeks apart.  I was terrified that managing them together was going to be impossibly hard.  I'm proud to report that we are doing just fine.  My youngest makes it easy as he's a very easy baby, but I'm not crying or freaking out as I was afraid I would feel like doing before the new one arrived.  So for any mommas about to join the 2 under 2 boat...it really will be ok. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Four Months In and A-OK

• Thanks!!!
    imageimageimage VOTE on my Name List     
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great to hear!  and congrats!  My baby girl just turned 1 last week, and baby girl #2 is due in 4 weeks.  Has your 1 year old had any trouble adjusting, or does he not really know any different?  Does he have any interest at all in the new baby?
    TTC since 2008. I'm 30/DH 32. Unexplained Infertility.
    All Welcome!

Unmedicated IUI: 9/11 BFN

1st IVF: January 2012. BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F
    7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized, 3dt 2 grade A embryos.
    Beta 13dp3dt = 6. Beta 16dp3dt = 9. Chemical Pregnancy.

2nd IVF: Antagonist Protocol. June 2012
    BCP, Ganirelix, Menopur, Gonal-F
    18 eggs retrieved (6/25), 12 mature, 6 fertilized

BFP! Singleton due 3/18/13!

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I needed to hear this! I have a 17 month old and I am due any day. Thanks for the reassurance!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a 17 month old and a 10 day old. So far things are going better than expected. Still challenging to figure out some logistics, but overall I wouldn't trade this time for anything.

• I love you guys. I'm 4 weeks out, and I keep coming back to this thread when I start panicking. So thank you. :)
  • LindseyH033LindseyH033 member
    edited April 2014
    Thats great to hear OP! I have 2 DD's, a 6-month-old and 22-month-old. At first it was a little challenging figuring out how to juggle both of their needs, but we quickly fell in to a groove and things have been wonderful. Don't get me wrong, some days are very difficult, especially when both are sick, teething, fussy, at the same time. But the good days far outweigh the bad, even in my most sleep deprived state!! The most amazing thing is seeing how much they love each other. It's incredible the bond they already have!
  • JulyMomma2U2JulyMomma2U2 member
    edited April 2014
    We're 9 1/2 months in, also 12mo gap :)  It's really not bad at all once you get into the swing of it!  Routines are key.. establish that, and everything else falls into place!  My DS2 was a very easy going newborn, but is more challenging since ~6+ mos, simply because he's always watching and seeing his brother do things, and he wants to "go", but hasn't figured it out yet.. all in all, it is absolutely doable!! We were nervous before having DS2.. worried about the complexities of managing 2 with such demanding needs.. but, by 3 months in we knew we loved it and tried for #3!  We'll see how the transition from 2U2 to 3U3 goes in a few months ;-)  Good luck ladies!!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Good for you! Hope I can say the same in a few months :-)
  • This is good to hear!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• about 9 months in here with boys born a week shy of a year apart. My second was much more difficult baby, but I am glad to say that 9 months in we are surviving. I never would have thought I could, and seriously, if I can, anyone can. 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"