1st Trimester
Options

Introductions

I am new to TB so i thought i'd introduce myself. In fact i thought i was going to be on the TTC forums but as of this morning i have graduated to this one!

So my DH and i have been married just over a year. This was our first month TTC. I have been off the pill for only 2 months now.

I was a bit silly and did test at 8DPO and understandably got nothing. Although i tested then as the month before we were TTC but i was charting my LP was only 10 days (which i had been worried about). This month i had taken 100mg B6 just in case.

Anyway around then i started getting brown spotting with a little cramping so was convinced my period was coming on and i told my DH that this month hadn't work. 

Then 11DPO i was a little suspicious as my temp rose a bit after the initial dip. I took an internet cheapie and i though i could make out the faintest of lines.
12DPO i took another internet cheapie and there was another crazy faint line, that i could even be imagining. in fact it was fainter than the day before although i suspect it was because i was more hydrated and it wasn't FMU.

Got so many pregnancy symptoms the last few days. Brown spotting (that is still continuing very lightly), terrible nausea yesterday, dizzy whenever i stand up, sore BB, frequent urination, huge temperature jump etc.
So i was convinced i might be pregnant, especially as my period was now late.

I told my DH i thought i was and he thought i was being silly especially as i had been so sure i wasn't only a few days before. 
This morning at 5am i took a first response test and it is clearly very positive. i must add though i think the strength of it is helped by the fact that i went to bed a little dehydrated and my urine was extremely dark in colour. 

Told DH and his response was 'Whatever'. He hadn't known i had a pregnancy test ready on hand. And even after i showed it to him, he is now not wanting to get his hopes up incase we have an early miscarriage which from what i can gather through research is 25% likely at this stage.

So anyway right now i am feeling happy that clearly my body seems to work - at least to get to this stage, and so does DH's. I'm really hoping it sticks. Guess we'll have to see.
I have a few days away from town coming up so i think i'll schedule a doctors appointment after that and maybe do another test in a few days just to be sure. Not sure if they'll want to see me straight away or if they might tell me to come in at 8 weeks or something.

Anyway i look forward to getting to know many of your in your pregnancy journey. i hope i get to stay here in the pregnancy section of the site rather than being sent back to TTC. Guess we'll just have to see. 13DPO is incredibly early!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"