Breastfeeding
Options

EP stiffness/soreness

Hello, I am a 41 yr old FTM. My daughter had a severe latch that we just couldn't correct so I have to EP. I have a low supply but she is 4 months this week and I'm still hanging in there. (I've tried so many things to get my supply up, this is all my body seems to want to make.)

I am wondering if anyone else has extreme stiffness and soreness throughout their whole body? It feels like my entire body is suffering from arthritis. In the morning when I get up it actually hurts to put my feet on the floor. I never imagined I would feel like an 80 yr old after having a baby, it's pretty discouraging. I assume it's hormone related and that producing milk is sucking the life out of me. I just moved to a new state so I don't have a dr here yet. Any insights would be appreciated!
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: EP stiffness/soreness

• Options
    No, would that hurt or help?
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Is there really nobody else who has experienced anything like this? Wow, now I really feel like something isn't normal. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this a consistent feeling or did it just start? Joint pain and general aches and pains can be symptoms of mastitis, which you can get even if you EP. 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    I've had mastitis twice now and it was a lot different from this. With the mastitis I felt like I had the flu and developed a high fever. My affected breast was also hard and very hot. And both cases of mastitis developed quickly and I got REALLY sick. This feels like what I would imagine arthritis would feel like, but it's my entire body. I've felt this way for over a month now. @kamakaziartist‌ I was trying to avoid dr Google, thought I'd see if anyone else here was having or has had the same experience. I don't have a dr here yet as we just relocated to another state. Obviously I know you can't diagnose my problem, I was just hoping maybe it was common. Looks like I need to find myself a new dr and get checked out.

Thanks for the response ladies, I appreciate the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"