High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

17 weeks bedrest and progesterone

Hi there. Here's a little intro; I was put on bed rest 3 weeks ago due to previous leep and colposcopy shortening my cervix. Have been waiting until the first of April for my new policy to kick in so I can get a correct measurement and possible cervical cerclage (sp?). So dr has put me on weekly progesterone shots and bedrest. I have my 20 week appt this fri (will be almost 18weeks) and will have the AFP test done at mh's request. My question is if anyone's in this same position and how are you handling the bedrest? I'm really bored and feel bad that I can't do so much with my almost 5yr old. I take him to swim class, snuggle with him and watch him play with our neighbors outside. I still make dinner, go to grocery store, clean house etc. I take it easy tho. I have had one loss at 15 weeks prior and don't want that repeated but it's so hard to sit here all day. Sorry for the long winded post!

Re: 17 weeks bedrest and progesterone

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your previous loss and situation. Is there any way you could pay out of pocket for a transvaginal ultrasound for a cervical measurement ASAP? I honestly wouldn't risk waiting too much longer at 17 weeks. Your current cervical length will probably give you a much better idea about how easy you should take things. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    MonotonetwoMonotonetwo member
    edited March 2014
    @bcnoelle‌ unfortunately with us just moving and my insurance kicking in, in just a few days, paying out of pocket is out of the question.

@Fuccimama‌
    Oh that is awesome considering it was only 2 weeks! I was worried about the projesterone as it has started to make me feel like I'm back in first tri at times. Other times I don't feel preg at all. It would be impossible for me to be on strict bedrest as dh leaves for work trips occasionally for weeks and I have an almost 5 yr old that I have to take care of. So that makes me feel better about doing a few things here and there. Dh also thought I was milking it a little until I explained the female anatomy and how gravity can make my water break as my cervix gets shorter. He understands now and is a little more helpful. So... Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    April 1st is soon at least for your insurance. I would just take it really easy until you get more answers!
  • Options
    Hi there. Here's a little intro; I was put on bed rest 3 weeks ago due to previous leep and colposcopy shortening my cervix. Have been waiting until the first of April for my new policy to kick in so I can get a correct measurement and possible cervical cerclage (sp?). So dr has put me on weekly progesterone shots and bedrest. I have my 20 week appt this fri (will be almost 18weeks) and will have the AFP test done at mh's request. My question is if anyone's in this same position and how are you handling the bedrest? I'm really bored and feel bad that I can't do so much with my almost 5yr old. I take him to swim class, snuggle with him and watch him play with our neighbors outside. I still make dinner, go to grocery store, clean house etc. I take it easy tho. I have had one loss at 15 weeks prior and don't want that repeated but it's so hard to sit here all day. Sorry for the long winded post!
    qfp- not letting you delete this so you can defend your AE

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your previous loss.

I am on bed rest also, but you have many more privileges than I do. I am only allowed to use the restroom and take a 3 minute shower. Today is my first day home from the hospital and it is really tough already. I am a very active person and constantly moving around. 

I have no advice really I just wanted to say that I can understand your frustration with wanting to keep the baby safe, but going a little nuts in the process. I wish you the best! Hopefully you find hobby or routine that makes you feel like you are doing something, you know?

image    image    

• Options
    No idea if op is a troll or not :( but I was just prescribed progesterone today to help my cervix. It is at 2.4 cm so my ob says not to worry. However she also gave me a steroid shot for the babies lungs just in case. I am not on bed rest yet, but she said to prepare for it. Thank you @Fuccimama for your story, it gives me hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"