Multiples
Options

Possible problem with twins

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant after IF treatments and I found out at 7 weeks that I am carrying twins. Which I am over the moon about. But, I'm worried because I had my first OB appt yesterday and due to measurements and heartrates, he's concerned about Baby B. The information came over from the fertility clinic and A measured at 7 weeks and had 136 HB, but Baby B measured at 6 weeks with 86 HB. Is it really that uncommon for twins to measure that far apart this early in pregnancy? He wouldn't agree to give me another ultrasound until next week because it's more definitive at that point. Anyone have an experience and know if I'm worried for nothing?

Re: Possible problem with twins

• Options
    No experience but sending you positive thoughts and fx for good news next week.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options
    I hope everything is okay. I will be praying for you.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember my twins being about 6 days apart very early on, but I don't recall having that large of a difference in their HBs.  I think a slower HB is common early on and they speed up over time.  GL to you, I hope it was a fluke and all works out well!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My second baby had a lower heartrate than the first at our first US at 6 weeks even...but by the next US it has caught up....

I hope everything works out for both babies!!
    Me, 36
    DH, 44
    TTC since 2008
    IVF in Oct 2013
    5R, 4F, Only 2 blasts made it, both transferred
    10-31-2013 = BFP
    TWINS!! Due July 11, 2014
    Lillian & Harrison born at 33w1d on May 24, 2014

• Options
    Will be praying for you and your babies. There are so many stories on here of babies catching up! Sending positive vibes your way!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    My baby B was off by about 4-5 days in the very beginning and hb was varied also between the two. They caught up very quickly.
    Keep us posted next week! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the positivity! It's great to hear some hope and positive vibes and prayers always help too.
  • Options
    My ob has been great. I had the same issue and he sat me down to explain that it can happen and might lead to a vanishing twin but to not worry until he told me to. I followed up with another ultra sound the following week and there was some " catching up " done. Not until 10 weeks did he say he felt confident with baby b.
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way as well!
  • Options
    Sending T&Ps!
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    Early tests and ultrasounds are super scary. My first ultrasounds showed possible heart issues and irregular measurements but everything was cleared as normal in the end. Try not to obsess and focus on your health to help those babies grow!
  • Options
    Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. As PP have said, I've also heard of lots of stories of babies measuring off by quite a bit and everything turned out OK. The waiting is terrible I know.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This happened to me. I googled nonstop which was not smart so I hope this helps you!

My dr told me that baby B wouldn't make it and that by the time I came back a week later, he would be gone.

A week later, he had grown and his hb increased but was still behind A. She then said I had a 50% chance on his survival.

It was more emotional than I had anticipated but by week 9/10 I finally got the green light. At 21 weeks two healthy babies are in there - they weigh the same and are in fact measuring larger then a singleton.

Stay positive and fight for baby B!
    It's a boy and a girl!

• Options
    JoDocJoDoc member
    We did IVF and for what it's worth, one of my boys measured 3 days older than the other.  Not sure how that happens when they were created on the same day, but whatever.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!!

• Options
    I did IVF and now at 9 weeks 5 days.. my last ultrasound at 8w2d, baby A was measuring 8w but baby B was measuring 7w4d.  Nurse didn't tell me how fast the heartbeats were but I was also curious why they would measure different when they were fertilized the same day, transferred at the same quality embryos.  Nurse didn't seem too worried and she said they are usually curled up at this early stage so you can't get an accurate reading.  I hope this eases your mind a bit!
    6 failed IUIs, 1 laparoscopy = stage 3 endometriosis
    IVF in February a success!
    EDD with twins 10/29

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and encouragement. Unfortunately, Baby B did not make it. But, at least I do have a healthy singleton. Good luck to all of you multiples ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"