Babies on the Brain
Options

I have to tell someone...

Ok, I am 33 with a 4 year old and a 2&1/2 year old and I think I might be pregnant with #3. I am/would be happy but I don't have anyone to talk to about it. My best friend since 3rd grade stopped talking to me about a year ago (not entirely sure why, maybe just grew apart) and I have work "friends" but no one I can talk to about this stuff. I just need a little support, I am going crazy here... I guess I am not sure how I feel. Normally I don't even notice when I ovulate but this month I totally noticed and DH and I had a weekend quickie with no precautions, again totally out of the normal. Now I am 11 days post ovulation and still no flow... Do I test or just wait? Do I mention to him or wait until I know for sure? Please someone give me some input....

Re: I have to tell someone...

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Well for starters, take a test.
    Second, can't you talk to your husband?
  • Options
    I can talk to my husband, he is great but I am worried that if I tell him that there may be a possibility of #3 he will be stressed and I think I just need an outsiders view.  I love my girls don't get me wrong but kids are hard work! I guess that is part of my stress. I just keep thinking can we afford it, will we be ok, I guess at this point it is what it is and I should just embrace it...and buy a test.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    meglet999 said:

I can talk to my husband, he is great but I am worried that if I tell him that there may be a possibility of #3 he will be stressed and I think I just need an outsiders view.  I love my girls don't get me wrong but kids are hard work! I guess that is part of my stress. I just keep thinking can we afford it, will we be ok, I guess at this point it is what it is and I should just embrace it...and buy a test.

Outsiders view on what?
  • Options
    Good question, I guess I just wanted to tell someone, to say it out loud (so to speak), to explore how I feel. What would it mean if I am and what would it mean if I'm not. Like I said I really don't have any close friends right now, I am still grieving the loss of my childhood friendship and I'm feeling stressed and emotional. Thanks for listening to my crazy...
  • Options

Yes, exactly! Thanks for putting that into words, as apparently I can't. I just hate not knowing, if I could find out then I could prepare myself mentally for what ever way it is.

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    meglet999 said:

Good question, I guess I just wanted to tell someone, to say it out loud (so to speak), to explore how I feel. What would it mean if I am and what would it mean if I'm not. Like I said I really don't have any close friends right now, I am still grieving the loss of my childhood friendship and I'm feeling stressed and emotional. Thanks for listening to my crazy...

Ok I see what you're saying. I suppose if you feel you don't want to stress your husband, then wait a few days until you can determine if you are. I've been in a similar situation. My husband would have been thrilled if I was pregnant, so I didn't want to tell him that I thought I *might* be. I just waited until I could take a test (it was negative thankfully), and then DH never had to get excited just to be disappointed.

Like Fred said, if you are pregnant, you will have 9 months to adjust!
  • Options
    Thanks! To you both. :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't talk to my husband just yet either. Just a little bit longer and you can test, but the wait sucks I know. I am sure you all will adjust either way. Good luck with the wait.
  • Options
    meglet999 said:
    I know the wait is hard, but in a few more days just test and go from there.
  • Options

Congratulations!  I read your post yesterday, but didn't have time to reply. 

I'm in a similar situation, hubby & I are planning to try later this year but were on vacation earlier this month and I was ovulating.  Now I'm counting the symptoms I have and just going through the 2WW.  AF is due Tuesday, but I'm not patient enough and plan to test tomorrow morning.  I'm not telling hubby until I see BFP.  If we're not PG this month, we won't try again until later in the year, after our DD turns 3. 

• Options

Congratulations!  I read your post yesterday, but didn't have time to reply. 

I'm in a similar situation, hubby & I are planning to try later this year but were on vacation earlier this month and I was ovulating.  Now I'm counting the symptoms I have and just going through the 2WW.  AF is due Tuesday, but I'm not patient enough and plan to test tomorrow morning.  I'm not telling hubby until I see BFP.  If we're not PG this month, we won't try again until later in the year, after our DD turns 3. 

Well, I wish you luck! Sometimes I think that things are not really up to us and that everything happens for a reason. All our stress comes from trying to make things into what we think they should be and not what they actually are. (in my opinion) Hope everything works out the way you want it.

PS: Love your daughters name (on ticker), I have a Lydia Jean that will be 3 in June.

• Options

Thanks @meglet999 Lydia is a pretty name.  Jean is after my late MIL. 

I tested over the weekend Friday evening & Saturday morning, both negative.  But I didn't see a BFP on a HPT with my daughter until after I had the blood test.  I think that was 1.5 weeks after I AF was due and the line was still really faint! 

AF due tomorrow.  I've got the typical PMS symptoms with occasional waves of nausea (that pass very quickly) and I'm still more tired & bloated than usual.  We'll see...

Side note: I was going to put an emoticon at the end of this, but I couldn't concentrate on picking one out with all of them moving!  The Bump is so different from 3 years ago when I was constantly on it.  I guess I'll get used to it, but all the gifs and busy signatures are so distracting!  I get caught up in looking at them more than the post - lol! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"