Adoption

is it weird?

I mostly lurk ladies, so sorry to budge in and ask a question.  We have our first home study on Friday but ever since we got accepted by the agency I've just been feeling so positive. We tried a lot of different things to get pregnant ( i mean with 2 wombs, what are the odds that it won't happen, right?) and so by the end of that I was super depressed and down in the dumps about ever having a child.  So, I KNOW we're not active yet, or approved but I feel like we will be….so I got on this obsessive diaper making bent. In my defense, my brother has a baby they are cloth diapering and so I'm largely making them in the guise of "making them for my little nephew" but really, I'm just practicing so I can be really good at it for our invisible baby.  

Is this too weird?  

I made a newborn one today and then felt like a weirdo.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: is it weird?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not at all weird. Your wait may be short. We got placed within 3 months of our profile going active, and we had to scramble. Plus, who doesn't want to shop or make stuff for cute babies???

• Loading the player...
  • It can be short. From the time we were homestudy ready to placement was under 5 months.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not weird at all!  It's your version of 'nesting' and it's awesome! :) 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Nope, not at all! I already have a good cloth diaper stash going and we haven't had our home study yet.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Nope not weird at all. If you really like them you may even want to consider selling them on Etsy. That way you can create even more fun things for your baby to be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm gonna say not weird b/c then I'd be weird too!  LOL!  We plan to CD too and I've bought a whole NB and OS stash and a bunch of other items for our future baby.  I'm in total nesting mode! :P
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Not weird.  I learned that the biological urge to nest is triggered as much by psychological/emotional happenings as it is by biological changes.  I scrubbed the house, did minor renovations, and even bought a used stroller, "just in case." Thank goodness we got rid of that stroller before bringing home our 7 year-old!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"