January 2013 Moms
Options

Bottles

Anyone else still using bottles? We are down to 3 each day- one in the am, one before her nap and one before bed. She will drink a couple of ounces if she wakes MOTN.

I'm not really in a rush. She drinks from a straw cup all day and is having a little bit of a hard time with WCM. We are using a splash of it in her formula, otherwise she has runny stools and diarrhea.

Just wondering if we are the only holdouts!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Bottles

• Options
    dd still wants her ba whenever she can...but we're down to one at home and one at the dc....one of the drs in the practice said he would like her off by 15 months, but when i saw a diff dr at her 15 month, she didn't flinch when i said she still has 1 or 2...it usually helps her nap, and sometimes it's the only way to get her to drink milk...i'm in no rush either, and she loves her ba...and she still drinks from regular sippys and straw sippys during the day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    3 a day here, one in the morning, one at nap time, and one and hour before bed. He will not take his milk or pediasure from a sippy or straw and i would rather him get the nutrients he needs, then take the bottle away before he is ready. If he hasn't shown more of an interest on his own in taking it from the sippy by 18 months then i will start being more active about it. But really, my goal is by his next birthday. It's a comfort thing for him, and i just don't think it's worth fighting over.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are done with bottles but wanted to offer my experience. Taylor loved his bottles and I was so afraid we would have a hard time! What I ended up doing is offering a sippy with milk all day (he LOVES milk, but you could use formula or whatever you lo likes best). He would usually sip a little, be disinterested and go play. He would eventually get upset and I could tell he just had to have a ba. We went from morning, afternoon, and night to just morning and night. Then I would start putting him to bed without the night bottle but he would scream when I would offer a sippy instead of a bottle in the morning. Finally one morning I offered the sippy first and he just took it! It probably took us 3-4 weeks but we just kept offering sippy first and it worked! Good luck!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

we were down to the bedtime one and I just cut that out this week.  It was easier than I thought, I just offer her a sippy of milk instead.

I think they are way too old for 3 bottles a day.  Try sippies instead, I think you'll be surprised.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We do, DS refuses to drink milk out of the sippy. He does water just fine, but once milk hits it he throws his little mini fit. I know we need to get him off of them...I'm not sure why he makes it so difficult. I think I just need to say tough luck little guy you either drink it out of the sippy or not at all. I know DS gets his nutriotion from his food, not just from his milk. So it won't hurt him...it just will not be fun. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"