Adoption

BF update

Birth father did not file anything, so now we just have 4 more months of supervision visits before we can finalize!

On the BM front, she has not texted me back since I suggested she call the agency yesterday afternoon. :-/ I might get dh to text her or something, just with a pic of B or something inocuous.

Re: BF update

• emcaemca member
    I'm sorry for the troubles you went through this week, but that is great news! Enjoy that little guy of yours! He's a cutie!

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• I'm so happy that now you can rest assured that your little guy will be yours forever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Spooko said:

I'm glad everything stayed quiet on the BF front. How often had you been getting texted? Is this amount of time unusual? Maybe she took your thoughts to heart and realizes she needs to tend to herself right now and have a bit of space?

Thinking of you guys, regardless.

Normally I initiate any text convos, so it's not all that unusual, just thought it was odd that she didn't respond at all to my suggestion. I understand, though.
  • What a relief that B's birth father is on board with the adoption. I think you're handling things well with B's birth mom. I'd also be inclined to reach out one more time after a few days.
  • Good news on the BF front - how great for you guys!  

I, too, am hoping that maybe she took your advice to heart and is getting some counselling or at least talking to someone else about this. 

FX for a smooth finalization for you! 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"