Working Moms

Whew - what a morning! Anyone else??

So I got promoted last month, and today was the first meeting I needed to attend as part of my new responsibilities.  It is moderated by the CEO, and attended by the C-suite and the top ~140 or so people in our global company (about 3000 employees included in this division).  I was a little nervous, and had trouble falling asleep last night.

DD1 woke up at 3am, yelling for water from her room.  15 mins later, DD2 woke up crying.  DH took that one, but I was awake, and never went back to sleep.

I confirmed with our nanny that she needed to come early 3 separate times, the last time was as she was leaving last night.  She was supposed to arrive at 6:45, and the time came and went.  I texted her at 6:50, and she responded with "On my way!".  She finally showed up at 7:15.  I'd missed my train, it's typically an hour-long ride in with traffic (14 miles).  I was almost in tears.  But I made it to the meeting, with 10 minutes to spare!  The traffic gods were smiling on me today!

Our nanny is so incredibly reliable, this was absolutely a one-off and she feels terrible.  She had a late night at her 2nd job and set her alarm for PM instead of AM. It was just the worst possible morning for this to happen!

Anyone else?  Feels like a Monday with all that drama!

Re: Whew - what a morning! Anyone else??

• Omg. I would have been in tears thinking I was going to be late. The irony is that you should be gaining flexibility with a nanny.
  • Thanks Ladies!  I was absolutely frantic.  I think all the nanny saw was a blur as I sprinted out of the house.  She actually just held the door open for me as I ran by.

DH typically leaves for gym/work at 5am, and I wait for our nanny to arrive around 7:45.  Then he leaves work earlier, and I get home a bit later.  Going forward, Dh and I just agreed to switch - he'll wait for her, and I'll go in early.  Only potential issue will be when he's traveling (I hope!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"