Horses
2% 2 votes
Goats
1% 1 vote
SS
22% 17 votes

Re: CPW: PETS

• Options
    I voted SS. We have a cats and dogs. We love critters around here and they love us. Every one of my cats is a rescue and one of the dogs is. Our dane, Thunder, was bought from a breeder but I would like to possibly rescue one when he is gone. I do love the breed and they are definitely not for everyone.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    Marvel1013Marvel1013 member
    edited March 2014
    We are cat and dog people. We had a cat but DS pushed him out the window and we haven't seen him since: ( when we move to a more open area I'm going to get a dog
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love animals but we are not pet people. Maybe someday.
  • Options
    @texasmomma13 DANES are the BEST dogs ever!! We got both of ours from breeders but I think the next one we will try to find a rescue.
  • Options
    We are more of dog people, but we have a cat and a ferret as well. After the ferret is gone I am opting for no more additions and a 2 pet max after any of these others are gone. I go out of my mind making sure every animals has everything they need 24/7 and boxes are clean. 

• Options
    nnikki10 said:
    @texasmomma13 DANES are the BEST dogs ever!! We got both of ours from breeders but I think the next one we will try to find a rescue.
    I agree. DH gets annoyed at his passiveness and size but I just love him. He is the sweetest dog and I know he will be awesome with S as she grows. He fools everyone in town though. All the kids that walk by our house think he is vicious.
    I don't remember where you live but I know most big cities have Dane rescue organizations.
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    We are a pet family...cats, dogs, rescue pets, foster pets, fish...

• Options
    @texasmomma13 yea both of ours look over the fence to the front yard and people think they are scary. Little do they know Buckshot hides in the garage when the exterminator comes to spray the yard. We have a rescue about an hour from our place in So cal. Is thunder good with DD? Ours freaking love her and I only have to watch them because they can be so clumsy and Trigger wants to eat crunchers off her high chair.
  • Options
    We are cat and dog people. We had a cat but DS pushed him out the window and we haven't seen him since: ( when we move to a more open area I'm going to get a dog
    WTF.
    Please don't get any more pets, holy cow. 
    image image

• Options
    SS. We have a cat but can't wait to get a dog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm an animal person, DH could take it or leave it. He tolerates the dog. I imagine with a little boy I'm going to end up with a few creepy crawlies in the future...no spiders though!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    My life is incomplete without both a dog and a cat. We (read: DH) also have a ball python, but I'm not really a reptile person.
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
    SS... We own everything.

• Options
    WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    edited March 2014

Uhh...why was he that close to an open window?
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    Soleil3 said:

WTF.

Um this. And why were your pet and child at an open window like that? With no screen even?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    Dogs. We will always have a dog in our house. We have one now but once we own our own home we will be adopting another.

I actually would love to have a cat too but I am so allergic to them.

• Options
    Marvel1013Marvel1013 member
    edited March 2014
    Soleil3 said:

WTF.

Just so I'm clear, we live in a rancher and it wasn't high or anything. It was about the time we first moved into this place. We don't own it, and a lot of the Windows don't have screens and this house doesn't have air conditioning. The window wasn't wide open, it was cracked abit..

Eta- the window isn't a height for DS to fall out of..
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

• Options
    SS-I am NOT a pet person whatsoever.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We like cats and dogs equally! We have one of each and probably always will :)

• Options
    WTF.
    Just so I'm clear, we live in a rancher and it wasn't high or anything. It was about the time we first moved into this place. We don't own it, and a lot of the Windows don't have screens and this house doesn't have air conditioning. The window wasn't wide open, it was cracked abit.. Eta- the window isn't a height for DS to fall out of..
    You really don't see anything wrong with all that?? I stand by what I said.  Your kid pushed an animal you are responsible for out the window, you go get the damn thing and make sure its ok. Holy hell that shouldn't need to be spelled out.
    image image

• Options
    We have cats right now, but I love pretty much all animals. I even had rats for many years. I'd love to get a dog when we have a house but H is hesitant because it'll be a lot of work.

• Options
    girlmama83girlmama83 member
    edited March 2014
    How does a cat fit through a window that is only cracked? I don't understand any of this.

• Options
    Soleil3 said:

Soleil3 said:

WTF.
    Just so I'm clear, we live in a rancher and it wasn't high or anything. It was about the time we first moved into this place. We don't own it, and a lot of the Windows don't have screens and this house doesn't have air conditioning. The window wasn't wide open, it was cracked abit..

Eta- the window isn't a height for DS to fall out of..

You really don't see anything wrong with all that?? I stand by what I said.  Your kid pushed an animal you are responsible for out the window, you go get the damn thing and make sure its ok. Holy hell that shouldn't need to be spelled out.

I'm 100% aware of that. I still beat myself up about it to this day. I ran out to grab him but he had run.. I walked around almost everyday looking for him.. posters, called everywhere possible..asked neighbours. I,know I'm responsible.
    ~may siggy challenge~

• Options
    My avatar says it all - we are total dog people.  We had 2 pug boys until August when our older guy passed away, so now we're down to one.  We probably won't add another dog to the family until LO is older and possibly not until our current pug passes (he's only 6.5, so hopefully that's many, many years away).  He does very well as an only dog, and I don't see us having the time to devote to integrating a new family for a while.  That doesn't stop me from browsing Petfinder, though!

• Options
    nnikki10 said:
    @texasmomma13 yea both of ours look over the fence to the front yard and people think they are scary. Little do they know Buckshot hides in the garage when the exterminator comes to spray the yard. We have a rescue about an hour from our place in So cal. Is thunder good with DD? Ours freaking love her and I only have to watch them because they can be so clumsy and Trigger wants to eat crunchers off her high chair.
    He is so gentle with her. I think he's a bit scared of her right now. Matilda, our pound puppy, thinks DD belongs to her. They do tummy time together. It's adorable. I'm with you on the clumsy. I have to watch him because he is such a clutz and really does NOT know his own strength. The benefit of this is, MIL is terrified of him because of his size. He he! One more reason to get another when he is gone.
     Andplusalso, both our doggies have allergies, so they can't have people food, what so ever. Thunder is gluten intolerant, so no crunchies for him. Matilda has multiple allergies. She allergic to the world, basically.
  • Options
    Both cats and dogs -- we have two of each, all rescues. I've always loved both species because they have different qualities.

• Options
    Dog mom here! My rescue babies are pretty damn awesome.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    @caz1221 - Pug momma here too...I have 2 that are mine, one is 11 going on 12 the other is 10, going on 11. The 10y old is mostly blind and deaf. I also have a foster for the local pug rescue. We at one point had 5 pugs....We had momma, daddy, sister and brother. I lost my little girl Miracle 10/2/12 to kidney failure, then lost her brother Wario 3w later to bone cancer. Worst 3w of our lives. The shining moment for us was we got pregnant 1m after Wario passed. We always say we had to let our 4 legged children go to get our special 2 legged one. We had hand raised the puppies from birth, so it was a hard loss...

Sorry all for the rambling....

• Options
    I put dogs, but we love all animals.  We currently have one Boston Terrier but hope to get another dog when we buy a house.  I want DS to have a lizard or something fun like that when he gets bigger. 

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• Options
    Pre kids we had a roomful of reptiles, two dogs and a cat. 

We lost one of our dogs this Christmas and the other one is definitely showing signs of old age. It's scary, stressful and heartbreaking. I think I might need to go back to reptiles for a bit after Tyson Man passes. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One dog, two cats!
  • Options
    @BelhurstBride‌ it's so hard to lose one. It really makes you not want to get another. I'm sorry for your loss and hopefully Tyson stays for a lot longer than you think.
  • Options
    I like both dogs and cats but have only had dogs in my care for a while. My late dog was a coyote hybrid with a strong prey drive and couldn't be around kitties safely. Kiora also has a pretty high prey drive but her attitude towards cats is more circumstantial, cats inside are for treating with respect and civility but cats outside are fun to chase.

Obviously I chose special snowflake. Really I consider fellow mammals to be more family members than pets. My spiders, scorpion, hissing roaches, and bettas I do consider pets more because the relationship is more one ended. They don't care if I love them, only that I feed them. However I still don't like to be referred to as a "pet owner" and I try to avoid saying that I own any of my animals. I prefer the terminology "keeper" or "caretaker", though sometimes I do use more traditional wording if I don't want to invite too many questions.
  • Options

@Bunnyfer, I remember you posting a photo of your pugs in Furbaby Friday!  Buddy is such a cutie - did you know he was going to be a permanent foster?  I can't imagine why no one wants such a handsome guy!

It's always hard to lose pets, young or old.  Our guy left us when he was about to turn 7 years old, and LO was 12 days old.  It seemed like he knew she was coming and held on so he could meet her.  We have a great video of him meeting her when we got home from the hospital that I will treasure forever.  Our LOs have some amazing guardian angels!

• Options
    petey1106 said:

Dogs. But after our little lady is gone I am pushing for no pets.

I am in th same boat.... DH and I can't agree on how to board the dog we have so when she is gone, it might be easier not to have one at all when we travel.

• Options
    SS we have a dog couple of barn cats and three horses! Love our animals and our little guy seems to be the same!
  • Options
    we own a cat but we love our fish.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards