May 2013 Moms
Options

Fireplace help

We have a brick fireplace in our living room. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to babyproof it? My LO loves to walk over to it and pull himself up on the brick and touch the glass. Im sure its bc he can see his reflection.  No matter how many times you say no he just goes right back. I thought about one of those baby plastic fence things but I think hed just pull it down.  Any help thanks?

Re: Fireplace help

• Options
    Yes! We got these foam/plastic guards from target that go around the edge. Then we put his and the dogs toy boxes on the step. Luckily he wants his toys and forget how much he wants to try and face plant on the hard bricks. I'll take a picture after work.
  • Options
    Ok thanks I forgot to mention ours does not have  step or ledge at all on the bottom..Here is a picture to get an idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emmy236emmy236 member
    edited March 2014
    Well then.... May I suggest bubble wrap?
  • Options
    That fireplace looks pretty safe compared to the ones in my house. I think that as long as you don't use it while LO is in the room, it's okay.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Im worried that he pulls himself up and then that hell fall and hit his head on it.   He has kind of done this the other day. He loses his balance.
  • Options
    We moved our coffee table in front of our fireplace. We have a step to our fireplace and it was the only thing we could do to keep him away. We also got a lock so he can't open it.
  • Options
    I'm on the same page as you. The best solution we've come up with is to put the couch pillows up against the step in front of the fireplace. It was working okay until he tried climbing over the pillows today. Ugh.
  • Options
    We got one of these and stretch it out across the room to block it off. He walks along it and leans in it but it does not tip over https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004RA66/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_3vdotb0X7BFYY

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"