Success after IF

Stupid Question.....and a breaking point

So. I am currently in some kind of sleep hell over here. My good little sleep trained girl has been off for a few weeks now. Last nights highlights included being up from 11:45-2:30, and then sleeping in my bed until 6:30 this morning. Sadly, this was a repeat performance of one night last week. URGH.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I suspect the culprit is  teething, I thought weeks ago she was working on tooth 7, and even swore I saw the white bud – but now, two weeks later, still no tooth. I should add that Molly is a HORRIBLE teether. HORRIBLE. She will frequently go 3 weeks with bad sleep before the tooth pops.

So, my stupid question: can her 1 year old molars come in with only 6 teeth so far? Or do they come in in order (meaning that she will have more of her other teeth in place first?)……. I am so desperate to find a reason for what’s going on, that I am thinking it could be her molars (which would make complete sense given how bad she’s been) but have no idea if this is feasible.

Additionally, she has had loose poops and/or full on diarreah for almost a week now. Within these past few weeks she’s had all the tell tale signs of teething – drooling, putting EVERYTHING in her mouth, runny nose, etc. And my former “I’ll eat anything you put in front of me” eater has also now become quite picky over the past few days.

I’m at a breaking point. This, combined with starting a new job and having to be in the office all 5 days is KILLING ME. (don’t know how you full time, work outside the house every day moms do it.) Not to mention all of the stuff I am dealing with with my father, and trying to plan a first bday party for 50 people next weekend. I AM EXHAUSTED! So if it’s not teething, does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? And any suggestions on what to do to fix it?!?!?! Please help!

In the meantime, onto that second cup of coffee :/

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Stupid Question.....and a breaking point

• Sounds like molars. Much of what you described Hannah went through. Stay strong momma
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Teeth definitely don't come in order.  So it could be that.  Does tylenol or motrin or anything help?  Has she had any fever at all?
    I'm so sorry dear.  Lack of sleep is really, really difficult.  You have so much going on right now.  Big hugs mama.  You will get through this.  Somehow, someday.  FX it's soon.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I do think it's teething so unfortunately it's really all about waiting it out.  We do give Maren advil/tylenol before bed if she's going through a bad spell but there really just isn't much you can do. 

We don't take Maren into our bed and do more comforting of her while she's in her crib and she has a lovely that plays music that I start back up for her and then I hope like hell that she falls back asleep.  Rarely, we give her a cup of milk if she didn't eat a great dinner and I think maybe she's hungry and it's more than just teething.  I've just found that the more I get the kids out of bed the more I start to be unable to distinguish them crying because they need something and them continuing to cry because they are mad I didn't get them up.   But, you do what you gotta do to get through.

I know it's hard, as I do work full-time outside the home and then parenting is a full-time job as well, but try and take each thing you're doing one thing at a time.  Lumping it all together will make you feel overwhelmed so try and think of it as right now I'm going to work and then at lunch I'll work on the party and then once I'm home I'll have time with Molly, etc.

Huge hugs.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• mnj05mnj05 member
    Pretty much ditto everyone. H had 6 teeth and got his top two molars in two weeks ago. It was only one week of bad sleep for us but he was up every two hours, sometimes every 1.5, which is way worse than when he was a newborn.

We also did Motrin and that gave us a little relief but it was all about waiting it out. H is a biter when it comes to teething so he was putting everything in his mouth too, pretty viciously too. He also got super picky so we ended up with formula in a bottle a few times just to get nutrients in him.

Hang in there! It will pass!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Ok. I seriously feel a million times better knowing it could be her molars. I can deal with these trying nights if I know there is a reason and that it will end (at some point)......I am going to need to try and dig around in her mouth and see if I can feel anything.

Ducky - Motrin works wonders IF given at bedtime. After a bad night Sunday I have it to her at bedtime on Monday and she slept from 730-430 before waking up and then went back down until 630 with a couple of back rubs. For some reason if you give it to her in the middle of the night when she starts fussing its not nearly as effective. I have no issues giving it to her, I just worry its not teeth and I'm loading her up for nothing!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• We used a combination of motrin and Hyland teething tablets on the bad night. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
  • I recommend wine and lots of it. For you, not LO obviously! :)

Seriously though, DD is a lengthy and horrible teether and it's the pits. All my sympathy! Carry on warrior!
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Ditto what PPs have said, it certainly sounds like molars.  Definitely give motrin before bedtime, try it for at least several nights to see if it makes a difference.  Also, Molars can take a long time to come through... seems to us that M would be having bad nights first, then 2 weeks later we finally see the molars.

When M cut his molars during Jan/Feb, there were several nights (MOTN) that he was inconsolable... he would calm down/go to sleep when DH or I were in his room, but the second we left, he screamed bloody murder.  Rinse and repeat all night long.  On those bad nights, either DH or I ended up sleeping on the couch in his room.  My guess is that his separation anxiety kicks up a notch when he feels bad.  It wasn't ideal but at least we all could get some sleep (and we didn't want to bring him to our bed).  

The GOOD news is, once the teeth are cut, chances are Molly will be back sleeping well.  AT least that's what always happens with M.  I know when you are going through a stretch of bad nights, it feels like it will go on FOREVER, but I can assure that it will end SOON.  Big hugs again to you, @JBDamonM!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • @pb_bride - that sounds familiar. She will sleep when being held or when I'm standing there. I go back to bed and within ten min she's crying again.

Taking her into bed isn't horrible for us bc she typically doesn't like it.....so I'm not too worried about starting a ba habit just more worried about finding a way to get some damn sleep ;)

• Someone sent me this. Hope it helps!
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • For the record my son only had 6 teeth when he cut all 4 molars in a week he now has another tooth since then and has had some major sleep regression due to k9 teeth trying to make an appearance! Its been a tough couple weeks but we seem to have a small reprieve right now, but like you we see white then nothing!
    Good luck! All i can say is try to stick to normal routine as best you can, and take your cues from her...

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• @jBDamonM, yes, there were days/nights when M's separation anxiety got so bad that he wanted to hold my hand when he slept.  So here I was, with my hand stuck between the slats of his crib and sitting/crouching on the floor to wait until he was fast asleep.  Then slowly pried my hand out of his death grip and tiptoed out of his room. More often than not, he would wake up and start crying and screaming.  Sigh.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • pb_bride said:

@jBDamonM, yes, there were days/nights when M's separation anxiety got so bad that he wanted to hold my hand when he slept.  So here I was, with my hand stuck between the slats of his crib and sitting/crouching on the floor to wait until he was fast asleep.  Then slowly pried my hand out of his death grip and tiptoed out of his room. More often than not, he would wake up and start crying and screaming.  Sigh.

@pb_bride‌ - while that must have sucked - it's also one of the sweetest things I have heard in a while. As trying as these times are the bond Btwn a baby and its mom still warms my heart! I debated climbing in her crib last night......but all I could think was what a disaster we would have if I broke it.

• I agree with teething. Its awful and I hate when my LO deals with it. You have a lot on your plate mama. Huge hugs I hope you get to come up for air soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"