Pregnant after 35

Help GONE CRAZY in the 2ww!!

General question for all. When did you first start experiencing s/sx of pregnancy.? What was your first symptom and at what week?

Is it unheard of to have all the prego symptoms opposite of what is considered normal prego s/sx. Like Insomnia rather than sleepiness. Increased energy compared to chromic fatigue? Even medicine having an opposite effect on the body. Benadryl acting like caffeine and caffeine acting like Benadryl. Cause if it's possible, I am mucho prego!

Seriously have no idea what's going on with my body. Maybe all the clomid, follistem, trigger HCG shots and progesterone have me going a little crazy!

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift

May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung
And may you stay forever young  " 

Me 35, DH 37

DX with PCOS in early 20's. IF d/t PCOS, anovulation, endometriosis, Dermoid cyst in/on Left ovary

TTC for 3 years. (2/2011), Last 16 months (2/2013) with chemical ART; Lap HSG with D&C 11/2012, Repeat HSG 2/2013 

Clomid, Follisim, HCG Triggers, Progesterone, Metformin

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

3/28/14 BFP!!!!!!!, EDD 12/6/14, Nonviable pregnancy 4/9/14, 5w4d; CP natural mc at 7w6d

4/25/14 Bye bye little one

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath - Personal picture

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Help GONE CRAZY in the 2ww!!

• I didn't have any symptoms before I got my positive test at 2 weeks. I did have a lot of anxiety though which made me unable to sleep or focus on well.... anything really :)

Hang in there, watch lots of tv, get together with friends and try to enjoy yourself. The 2 weeks isn't forever!
  • QOTRQOTR member
    best of luck to you!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't really have any symptoms other than my missed period until about week 5 or 6. 

Good luck to you!

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• My first pregnancy, I just high temps on my chart post-O...  and a very vivid dream that made me test at 11 dpo.  Then no symptoms till 5w5d.

This time?   It has been a little different.  I was getting hot flashes a week after ovulating...   I bawled for almost no reason the day before I tested.   (My husband LOOKED AT ME FUNNY!!!!)  And I was craving pickles that week, too.  (I haven't eaten a pickle in years.)  And I had a gross dream.  Totally inappropriate.  Then I tested positive. 

None of that explains what you are going through, though!   I think the meds could be contributing...   When are you testing?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• ****UPDATE****

Thanks for the much needed support. Today is CD 26, 10 DPO and IUI. I woke up to something hopeful. Light SPOTTING!! However I couldn't leave well enough alone and POAS. It was a BFN! However if you held it close, into the light and squint, It had a faint blue line. So I'm bummed again. I go for my beta test on Friday 3/38/14, so *FX*. I hate that I will be working and will get results while I am there. I am a RN and work at the some hospital as my RE.

Me 35yo
    DH 37yo
    TTC 3years, 1 year NTNP, 1 year TTC BBT, and Ovulation monitor and test strips, TTC with ART (clomid, folistem, metformin, HCG trigger shots and progesterone) 14 months
    Dx(me)  PCOS, anovulation, left ovarian dermoid, endometriosis with D&C
    DX (DH) slightly slow motility
    IUI x2 BFN
    Last IUI 3/16/14 - FX for a BFP!
    Today 3/26/14, 10 DPO and IUI
    Hoping for BFP on 3/28 and being a FTM!!

Me 35, DH 37

DX with PCOS in early 20's. IF d/t PCOS, anovulation, endometriosis, Dermoid cyst in/on Left ovary

TTC for 3 years. (2/2011), Last 16 months (2/2013) with chemical ART; Lap HSG with D&C 11/2012, Repeat HSG 2/2013 

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

3/28/14 BFP!!!!!!!, EDD 12/6/14, Nonviable pregnancy 4/9/14, 5w4d; CP natural mc at 7w6d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath - Personal picture

• The first time I POASed this time (at about 14dpo), it was negative (or likely had a very faint line that I dismissed as negative). Two days later, I had a clear positive line. You never know!

CafeMom Tickers

• Hoping for a nice high beta and a an awesome day at work for you this Friday.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• @moroccojade Thank you very much and congrats on your 2014 baby!

@2redtulips Thanks for the encouragement and Congrats to you and your BFP!!

Here's to a Healthy 9months for all of us!!

Me 35, DH 37

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

• My symptom were the lack of period symptom. My boobs weren't sore like they are normally prior to getting my period.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • QOTRQOTR member
    Congratulations!!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Yea - congrats!

CafeMom Tickers

• Thanks everyone, we are so excited! Over the moon and back again!

I want to shout it from the rooftop but we are going to wait and tell family after first

the first US with a heartbeat. Nonfamily members, as long as we can hold out :)

It just doesn't feel real. How long did you all go before telling people and when did it start to feel real?

Me 35, DH 37

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

• Congrats!

I told family when we got the blood test and friends who knew we were doing ivf after the first u/s. Everyone else were told after 12w :)
  • So awesome! I remember how happy I was after I got my first BFP! Especially when you put in all that work trying and it finally pays off with a sweet little baby. GL to you. H&H 9! JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Congratulations! I didn't get a positive result until a day or two before my period normally starts, but I had a lot of the weird symptoms, including a super runny nose, crazy dreams, exhaustion, and spotting and mild cramping, several days prior. I'm at 12w3d now. I had my NT scan and got my great Panorama results yesterday and called my parents, so it's really starting to sink in finally!

Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"