Breastfeeding
Options

Bite me.

Ok. I've searched a few pages of this board, with no luck. My LO is 13 weeks 4 days old and I think (?) he's starting to teeth. Lots of drool.. A bit cranky.. Much more vocal and sounding uncomfortable. And oh yea... He's friggin biting. Hard! This started about 2 days ago. I figured it was just the end of his growth spurt (sleeping all day and night while only stirring to eat every hour). But now he'll look right into my eyes and clamp down on my poor nip. Sometimes he tugs it away like a dog.. Sometimes he smiles big while chomping. My initial reaction was to quickly (in shock) pull it out of his mouth and scold him with a loud "no". I realize this wasn't how to handle it lol so I started unlatching him and gently telling him no. I googled it and a few sites said instead of pulling him off, to hold him closer? I guess to cover his nose with the breast so that he has to unlatch himself to breathe. Nope. He bit harder. Held his breath until I couldn't take it, while biting. Help!!! I don't want to turn to pumping and bottles. I enjoy our time so much. And yes... It IS towards the end of feeding, so I understand he's probably done and using me at this point, but when I take him off he cries and acts like he needs more. He can't quite get objects into his mouth yet, so he's been going to town on his hands... I'm guessing he likes the convenience of mom putting something soft into his mouth.. He doesn't have to work for it.

Re: Bite me.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Wow. Tell me how I forgot to check kellymom lol... Great read. Also, I was planning on a target run today anyway, I think I will pick up the mesh feeder... Did you just put breastmilk in like an ice cube tray in very small amounts then put in mesh? I hate to waste milk if he pushes away. Right now he doesn't like foreign things in his mouth. (I'm assuming breastmilk may get his attention though) I'm willing to try anything. I watched each feeding closely last night and this morning.. Seems to be at the end when he's bored. I may just have to keep cutting our time short.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    like PP said, it is a phase. try not to react when he bites, as my DS always thought the big reaction was funny, so it didn't do much to discourage him. but your LO will probably tire of it soon. yes, you can freeze BM in an ice cube tray to use in the mesh feeder. but your LO may or may not take it- mine was never really interested in either the mesh feeder with BM or the umpteen million teething items we had for him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"