Single Parents
Options

Would you assume...

If your kid never has "blow outs" at home but does regularly at day care that she's sitting in her own poop until they realize she's pooped?  Just wondering if I'm being unrealistic about it.  I had a conversation with the day care director today about it.  DD went through 3 pairs of pants and 2 onesies yesterday yet they had her down for only one BM.  I told the director I was confused about that.  I also had to get on them again about not letting DD use bottles at day care unless she absolutely will not go down for a nap.  I only send her milk/juice in bottles because it's easier to measure/transport them and it's what I'm used to but I did take a sippy to day care for DD to use and they have tons of them there.  I totally forgot her bottles came with storage caps.  Guess I could just stop sending the nipples but no doubt they'd find one somewhere.  

I really only have a problem with one of her teachers and she happened to be there alone yesterday.  DD only took a half hour nap and was exhausted when I picked her up.  When we got home she was zonked so I changed her before putting her in her PnP.  It's no wonder she's having blow outs.  The tapes on her diaper were on her hips and the butt of her diaper was all jacked up but it was clean when I checked it.  One poop in that jacked up diaper and it woulda been ugly! #-o

Re: Would you assume...

• Options
    Wow. My DC lets me know when DD blows out and she hasn't done that at home in a long time (she also rarely has them at DC anymore)

I've been giving DD sippy cups at home but she does not get the concept at all and I can't get her to use them. That might be a problem I'll have to figure out soon... Anyone with suggestions, feel free to tell me...

Did you talk to the director about that teacher?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't talked to her specifically about that teacher but am pretty sure they know I don't really care for her.  I think the teacher knows, too.  It's kind of awkward. 

It took DD a bit to get used to the sippy.  They really worked on it with her a lot at daycare (only at lunch, though) so she was supposedly using it there but wouldn't at home. Now I can give her dinner and a sippy and she'll drink maybe 2-3 ounces of milk with her food and eat a good amount.  If I give her dinner and an 8 ounce bottle she'll pick at dinner and suck down the bottle while throwing food at the dog.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Roxalot said:

Wow. My DC lets me know when DD blows out and she hasn't done that at home in a long time (she also rarely has them at DC anymore)

I've been giving DD sippy cups at home but she does not get the concept at all and I can't get her to use them. That might be a problem I'll have to figure out soon... Anyone with suggestions, feel free to tell me...

Did you talk to the director about that teacher?

@Roxalot have you tried training cups to get her used to sippy cups?

@Tig594 i dont have enought day care experience to give advice but i hope it gets better soon
  • Options
    I only have the one sippy cup and I believe it's a training one. She has to suck on it like a bottle for anything to come out. I'll talk to my DC and see if they can help out too.

But yeah, awkward if the teacher knows you don't like her! There was a girl at DD's DC that I hated and I wonder if she knew... Lol
  • Options
    Have you tried the Nuby sippies with the squishy top?  DD has 3 different kinds and took to that one quickest. 
  • Options
    I don't recognize that brand. I'll google it, see if I can afford on payday. Thanks!
  • Options
    Ds likes nuk and munchkin :)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry tig, I unintentionally took over this thread :( but thanks for the advice guys :)
  • Options
    Here's my issue. You said the teacher was alone yesterday and your dd had a few blowouts. Maybe they need more teachers so that one person isn't so rushed that she can't even take the time to put on a diaper properly.

And also nuk cups with the handles and soft spout. Both my boys took to those first!
  • Options
    tig594 said:
    I haven't talked to her specifically about that teacher but am pretty sure they know I don't really care for her.  I think the teacher knows, too.  It's kind of awkward. 

It took DD a bit to get used to the sippy.  They really worked on it with her a lot at daycare (only at lunch, though) so she was supposedly using it there but wouldn't at home. Now I can give her dinner and a sippy and she'll drink maybe 2-3 ounces of milk with her food and eat a good amount.  If I give her dinner and an 8 ounce bottle she'll pick at dinner and suck down the bottle while throwing food at the dog.   

It isn't uncommon for babies to do one thing at daycare and another at home. Different settings can create different behaviors. I would just keep trying with the sippy cup at home, and hopefully she'll get the hang of it. We're having this struggle with DS, too. Also, 8 oz is a lot of milk to go with a meal IMO. DS would usually prefer to nurse instead of eating solids because he's a goob, but I have to give him solids first if I want him to eat a decent amount.

As for the diapers, you said that they are not putting them on correctly. I would assume that is what is causing the blowouts rather than necessarily sitting in poo for extended periods of time. Especially if there's no rash that would indicate such.

• Options
    Actually, she does get horrible blistery rashes down there quite often, but never normal diaper rash.  I can't even say I could tell you what a normal rash looks like down there.  She has special ointment I have to buy at $10 a tube for home and DC.  

There is always one teacher in the room per 4 kids.  Always.  They are very good about that.  It's just this one teacher who happens to always screw up or have stuff happen.  She's the one that STILL wears perfume while holding my kid. Seems stupid to complain about but it drives me nuts because it gets all over me, too, and it's hard to wash off her without giving her a complete bath.  I've seen one of the older wobblers several times standing up in a wooden rocking chair on this woman's watch. She put another wobbler in an excersaucer and one of the little girl's legs was stuck up underneath her until I pointed it out.  She's always putting the wrong stuff in people's diaper bags.  One day a couple weeks ago I picked DD up and she'd had a blow out that day and was wearing 6 month old pants.  DD is 25 pounds and a year old.  I don't know how she stuffed DD in those pants.  The only reason I haven't insisted she not care for DD is that the wobbler room is right next to the director's desk and has tons of floor to ceiling windows so you can see everything that goes on in there and the other teacher is great.  She won't be in there a whole lot longer and I am pretty sure she'll live through it.  Just drives me bonkers some days.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"