August 2014 Moms

Choroid Plexus Cyst *UPDATE 4-22-14*

Jessicalig Jessicalig member
edited April 2014 in August 2014 Moms

Went for my 20 week ultra sound today I was so excited!! Baby looks great good heart beat but they did find a choroid plexus cyst in the baby's brain. They said it could be a indicator for Trimosy 18 but high un likely for me since they baby shows no other signs and my previous blood work didn't show anything. They took more blood from me and a swab from my husband and going to test. Should get results back in 2 weeks. I am trying not to stress anyone one else had this issue?

Thanks Nervous 1st time mom

Just wanted to update everyone, the doctor just called me and everything is normal and in the lowest range it could be. Dr said she was very happy and that i have nothing to stress about and to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. Still said to come in at the end of the month and get another peek at our little peanut! Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling good!!! Thanks again for the support and concern!  

4-22-14 So i went this morning for my follow up ultra sound and i am happy to report the cysts are gone and the baby is doing great even was waving to us ! Baby is 1lbs and 10 oz!!! Thanks for every ones love and and support. Hope all the other moms are doing well!!! xoxox 

Re: Choroid Plexus Cyst *UPDATE 4-22-14*

• I had the same thing with my last pregnancy and everything turned out fine. The cysts were gone by our next appointment and DD is happy and healthy! I was totally freaked out when they told me but googling actually helped for once because in almost every story I read it turned out to be nothing. Sometimes I think ultrasounds do more harm than good, making us worry about nothing! Good luck and I'm sure it will turn out fine!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the same thing with my last pregnancy and everything turned out fine. The cysts were gone by our next appointment and DD is happy and healthy! I was totally freaked out when they told me but googling actually helped for once because in almost every story I read it turned out to be nothing. Sometimes I think ultrasounds do more harm than good, making us worry about nothing! Good luck and I'm sure it will turn out fine!
    Thank you so much for writing me I feel a lot better after reading this!
  • Loading the player...
  • kaypec90 said:
    We had the exact same thing. After talking to the dr. and doing research, it seems like they mention it for legal reasons. Some medical communities are debating even calling it a "soft marker" since it does not indicate trisomy 18 on its own. Keep positive, it will most likely disappear in a few weeks!
    Thank you so much I was nervous to post on here for fear of what I might hear but so glad that I did thanks ladies !!!
  • I have the exact same thing going on, but after doing some research hubby and I are not too nervous anymore. We don't go back for another ultrasound for 3 more weeks and don't want to stress about it the whole time.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• kaitm22 said:

I have the exact same thing going on, but after doing some research hubby and I are not too nervous anymore. We don't go back for another ultrasound for 3 more weeks and don't want to stress about it the whole time.

Yeah I go back in 4 weeks. I got a blood test done and my husband got his mouth swabbed , did u do any of this ?
  • I got the blood work done, but we were not offered the swab for hubby. I am going to call and see if they have the results tomorrow. We know we wouldn't do an amnio no matter what, and hubby feels kinda bad for putting me through the blood work, but I am interested to see what it says. My feeling is that the blood work isn't going to tell us anything definitive anyway so...I am just looking forward to the next ultrasound already. Our baby's cyst seems to be on the smaller side and baby was otherwise all healthy.

• kaitm22 said:

I got the blood work done, but we were not offered the swab for hubby. I am going to call and see if they have the results tomorrow. We know we wouldn't do an amnio no matter what, and hubby feels kinda bad for putting me through the blood work, but I am interested to see what it says. My feeling is that the blood work isn't going to tell us anything definitive anyway so...I am just looking forward to the next ultrasound already. Our baby's cyst seems to be on the smaller side and baby was otherwise all healthy.

Please keep me posted they said 2 weeks for blood results for me. My baby is other wise very healthy too and all my other blood work for screening came back perfect so I don't think we have anything to worry about. We won't do an amnio either. Yeah I want the next 4 weeks to fly. Hope all is well with you! Keeping you in thoughts and prayers xoxox
  • I had the same thing but also a bright spot on lo's heart. Both are soft markers for t18. Though some stuff I've read debates if the cyst should be a marker at all bec it's so common. All other areas look great, he is ahead growth wise and very active. We did the verify at week 10 and 2 days. All results came back negative. However the dr said he had seen one time where the genetic testing said a baby was negative for t18 and the baby really had it. Dr said that 4% of all babies have these markers. Of that 4% only 1% actually have anything wrong with them. He had us to a tetra and repeat in genetic blood work... No hubby swab. I'm ready for the waiting to be over! Praying both our results come back clear for all bad things!!!!
  • I had the same thing but also a bright spot on lo's heart. Both are soft markers for t18. Though some stuff I've read debates if the cyst should be a marker at all bec it's so common. All other areas look great, he is ahead growth wise and very active. We did the verify at week 10 and 2 days. All results came back negative. However the dr said he had seen one time where the genetic testing said a baby was negative for t18 and the baby really had it. Dr said that 4% of all babies have these markers. Of that 4% only 1% actually have anything wrong with them. He had us to a tetra and repeat in genetic blood work... No hubby swab. I'm ready for the waiting to be over! Praying both our results come back clear for all bad things!!!!
    How many weeks pregnate are you ?
  • 21 weeks today... Still waiting second round of blood tests :(
  • Yeah I am 20 weeks and 4 days they said two weeks for blood tests. everything that I have read is that they are inconclusive and they just run the blood tests to be on the safe side. Try not to stress to much I know easier said then done. I will be thinking about you let me know when you hear your results xoxoxo
  • I got the call for my blood work this morning. The nurse said everything was totally normal. I didn't get into an in depth discussion because I was getting ready for work, but I will keep you updated on what the doctor says at my next apt and how my next ultrasound goes. My ultrasound is the 18th of April.

• kaitm22 said:
    I got the call for my blood work this morning. The nurse said everything was totally normal. I didn't get into an in depth discussion because I was getting ready for work, but I will keep you updated on what the doctor says at my next apt and how my next ultrasound goes. My ultrasound is the 18th of April.

Oh good glad you got good results , how long did your blood work take, not sure if you had mentioned it before. Keep me posted glad everything seems to be working out : )

• It took 10 days for me. My clinic is on the smaller size, too, not sure how often they send things in, but my labs have been coming back fairly quickly. =)

What kind of info are you expecting to get from your husbands swab?

• We received the same results, bilateral cysts. DH (who is a physician) and I have done our research and are not worried. This is a perfect example of too much information causing unnecessary worry! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kaitm22 said:

It took 10 days for me. My clinic is on the smaller size, too, not sure how often they send things in, but my labs have been coming back fairly quickly. =)

What kind of info are you expecting to get from your husbands swab?

I don't know why they. Swab hubby it's call a panaram test my dr said
  • edited April 2014
    I had my ultrasound at 19 weeks and they found bilateral choroid plexus cysts. I had to go to the medical university for a more detailed ultrasound. They found no other markers for anything and said that my risk was 1/1000. Told me to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy :) but it is such a stressful thing to hear that it could possibly be somethingoso severe! So glad you got good news!
  • Yay! Glad everything turned out okay:)
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Our cyst was gone today! After only 3 weeks ;) very happy your tests came back in a positive light!
  • I had my follow-up ultrasound today and the tech said it looks like the cyst is gone. =) We got some nice pics of baby this time around too, more cooperative than last time, and some nice face shots in 3D.

I have a Dr. apt on Wed. so we will see what she says but looks like all is fine!

• edited April 2014
    Excited that you got great news!!! We go back next week for our update! Fingers still crossed!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Update above ! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"