Multiples
Options

What's a good time to start thinking about baby #3 after having twins?

Any advice on what's a good time after having to twins to start thinking about baby #3 ?

Re: What's a good time to start thinking about baby #3 after having twins?

• Options
    I say whenever you feel like you're ready! If your family feels complete right now then wait a little longer, if you feel like something is missing that can be filled with a sweet baby then have another!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Some of it will depend on how your twins were born. If you had a CS they advise you to wait at least 9 months, although 18 is better. 
    Other than that there are personal circumstances to consider, like your age, how many kids you want, finances, your partner's thoughts and last of all, what you're feeling in your gut! 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. It depends on a lot of things. I'll admit it happened a couple months earlier than I wanted but we weren't exactly being careful. I wanted the twins to be at least 2.5 when the next was born but they will be just shy of 2 but we will make it work ;) DH is happy that they are really close in age though.

• Options
    PalanPalan member
    My friend with 3.5 y/o twin girls would say never to 6 years
  • Options
    It totally depends on your family, as there are pros and cons to any kind of sibling spacing. How's your financial situation? How's your health? Are both you and DH on board for another LO? Those are at least the top 3 questions on my mind as I consider the future.
  • Options
    I have a 5 year old, 20 month old twins and a 3 week old. Baby 4 was totally unexpected, we had to do IVF for our other kids and this baby happened naturally! Things have been smoother than I expected and I can't imagine not having my baby boy now...I was petrified when I found out I was pregnant. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"