New Jersey Babies
Options

Bergen County Daycare

We're looking for some sort of daycare for our LO.  We're due in July with our first, but I am going to take a long (and partially unpaid) maternity leave.  So we would be enrolling in January with a 6 month old.  We need somewhere that ideally allows her to go 3 days a week, about 8a-6p.  We're open to something in our home, someone else's home or a larger daycare center - just depends on the price, situation, etc.

I have appointments and tours scheduled this week at The Learning Experience, Futures Finest II Nursey and Daycare, and the Gooddard School (all in ramsey).  But we're open to most locations in Bergen County (along Rt. 17). 

I know word of mouth is generally the best way to go about this and we're the first of our friends to go through this, so I'm looking for any insight you ladies can give on these centers or any others you would recommend.

Thanks so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bergen County Daycare

• Options
    Not sure if Mahwah is too out of the way for you, but we go to Rainbow Academy on Island Rd (it's really quick off of Rt 17).  There are kids who attend part time - don't know what the rates are, we go full time.  They are open 7-6:30 and you can drop off/pick up any time without any extra charges.  Some centers we looked charged extra for a drop off before 8 and a pick up after 5 - something to keep in mind.

I can't say enough fabulous things about Rainbow and the teachers there!  They have internet viewing so you can check in on your child at anytime (only their room), which was really nice especially in the beginning when my son started (he was 3 months).  It's a large center (10 classrooms in total) but every teacher knows my son - even the ones who haven't had him yet.  I love that - it really makes it feel like family.  

It was the perfect fit for our family.  Ultimately, you need to go with the place/situation that you feel most comfortable with.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Nope, Mahwah is fine.  Rainbow academy is one of the centers I've called and plan to check out soon.  Thanks for the feedback and recommendation!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"