One & Done: Only child
Options

FFTC

Re: FFTC

• Options
    I scrapped my car against one of those yellow concrete poll things at the bank. They put it at a funny spot to where it is hard to get to the drive thru window and still be able to reach it. There is just a little scrape and some yellow paint on my front fender.... I'm not even worried about it. However i did not tell DH lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like to eat fattening food and then complain how I can't lose weight.

HA!

Who doesn't?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I gated DS's room last night AND closed his door. He cried like crazy. I finally went to get him and we had two more sessions like this before he went to bed. My confession is i would have let him CIO if Dh wasn't about to crawl out of his skin....

MOTY over here! 
  • Options

This is probably more of a UO, but here goes.

As much as I am not going to miss the cold weather, summertime in the city makes people lose their minds when it comes to dressing appropriately for work. 

Sundresses are not work appropriate for work.  Save them for dinner with your SO.

Maxi dresses (though cute and comfy) are not for work.  You look like a straight up LOON sitting in a sales meeting in a floral lime green maxi dress.

Shorts are NEVER for work.  Never.

Men, please wear something under your pale colored dress shirts.  Ain't nobody got time for your nips.

Ladies, if you are showing me your toes and refuse to polish (which is beyond me, but not a hill I will die on) please do something about your heels.  It's called lotion.  Use it.

There's more, but I figured I would start slow.

I work in a business casual office. So Bermuda shorts are fine as long as they aren't denim. Also sundresses are fine as long as your shoulders aren't bare (so wear a cardigan).  

I'm agree with your other gripes. 

Also ladies at least buff your feet and toenails and put on clear polish. It just looks better. 
  • Options

@jackofthebox - if it's in your dress code, then obv it's fine.  We actually have no dress code, so I see ALL KINDS of awful things all summer long.  We have a woman that has a legit terry cloth cover up in her summer wardrobe rotation.  She wears it as a dress.

I still probably personally wouldn't wear shorts or a sundress to work, but I can see how those two things can be made office appropriate.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    DH asked if I invited his friend's daughter to DD's birthday party...I said I sent Olivia an invitation, but it's really a girl from DD's daycare. After last year I'll never invite his friend to anything for DD again... a book on manners for her a 2 year old?!?!?! Here's hoping he never finds out :)>-

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

@jackofthebox - if it's in your dress code, then obv it's fine.  We actually have no dress code, so I see ALL KINDS of awful things all summer long.  We have a woman that has a legit terry cloth cover up in her summer wardrobe rotation.  She wears it as a dress.

I still probably personally wouldn't wear shorts or a sundress to work, but I can see how those two things can be made office appropriate.

Umm yea terry cloth = no.

Something like this is acceptable here...

• Options

She looks cute.

EVERYTHING is acceptable at my office unfortch.  I have to bleach my eyeballs at least once a week.

My UO-- all offices should have dress codes.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

She looks cute.

EVERYTHING is acceptable at my office unfortch.  I have to bleach my eyeballs at least once a week.

My UO-- all offices should have dress codes.

We have a woman that works in the back (production work back there). She wears some daisy duke shorts. Like i wouldn't wear these on my days off outside or inside for that matter LOL. LIke this seriously.

• Options
    OMG @jackofthebox.  Maybe we should let her borow my co-worker's cover up.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    OMG @jackofthebox.  Maybe we should let her borow my co-worker's cover up.
    LMAO that sounds like a great outfit. A swimsuit cover up and booty shorts! 
  • Options
    BTW this is what i'm picturingimage
  • Options
    lildis09 said:
    I've become a frumpy mom & don't know how to change that. :(
    Gym, hair cut, some new clothes, take up a fun hobby? These are just suggestions! 
  • Options
    lildis09 said:
    Me too, except I was a frumpy mom before even having kids.  I have an eye for style, but cannot put a trendy/cute outfit together for myself to save my life.  Every day is black dress pants and a plain top for work and yoga pants and a tshirt for weekends.

• Options
    BTW this is what i'm picturingimage

Bingo, but hers is pink.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    So this LMAO 

• Options
    edited March 2014
    lildis09 said:
    Me too, except I was a frumpy mom before even having kids.  I have an eye for style, but cannot put a trendy/cute outfit together for myself to save my life.  Every day is black dress pants and a plain top for work and yoga pants and a tshirt for weekends.

It takes a little bit of extra effort, but I feel so much better when I look better. Try swapping out just one thing  per outfit.

Instead of black classic trousers- try a trouser in a different color (navy, charcoal, chocolate) OR try black "skinny" trousers.  Or, try a black pencil skirt.  They literally look good on EVERYONE. 

Instead of a plain top- try a printed top.  If you don't like the trendier patterns-- pick a classic- small floral, polka dot, gingham

Instead of ballet flats- try a kitten heel or a wedge

Instead of yoga pants- try a pair of jeans with a high lycra content (they will feel softer and move with you more).

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    lildis09 said:

It takes a little bit of extra effort, but I feel so much better when I look better. Try swapping out just one thing  per outfit.

Instead of black classic trousers- try a trouser in a different color (navy, charcoal, chocolate) OR try black "skinny" trousers.  Or, try a black pencil skirt.  They literally look good on EVERYONE. 

Instead of a plain top- try a printed top.  If you don't like the trendier patterns-- pick a classic- small floral, polka dot, gingham

Instead of yoga pants- try a pair of jeans with a high lycra content (they will feel softer and move with you more).

Come shopping with me?

• Options
    lildis09 said:

Come shopping with me?

Haha!

I'd love to.  Shopping is one of my favorite things to do.  I would do it for a living if I could.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    lildis09 said:
    Part of my problem is that while chasing after 2 toddlers all day I need to be comfortable & not worried about ruining my clothes. I also am not going to put on make up that's just going to get ruined... I really need a new wardrobe for when I'm not working, but I just don't have the $ for it right now. I do plan to dye my hair soon, its a bit darker than what I like...so at least there's that. Lol
    Totally understandable! 

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    FFTC: I've never worked in an office that had a business casual or above dress code, it's all basically casual. even at the studio I worked at for 4 years, I worked in international so our team basically strolled in every day in the most casual stuff. I wouldn't know how to go bus cas. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Priss08 said:
    lildis09 said:

Come shopping with me?

Me too. I'm a lost cause.
    I'm a lost cause as well.  I almost wore a maxi dress to work last summer. I can't remember why I didn't but now I'm REALLY glad I didn't. 
    @-)

• Options
    And, I don't know what a kitten heel is either.  X_X

• Options
    And, I don't know what a kitten heel is either.  X_X

LOL.  Sorry-- it's a heel that's less than 2 inches high.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    lildis09 said:
    My real confession is that I realized today that I don't have any maternal feelings toward LO I watch. Mostly she just irks me... :/ I'm assuming its because I have my own kid with me... I've never had this happen before & I babysat a lot.

I don't have any maternal feelings for most kids that aren't my own. 

Actually, I even struggled with maternal feelings towards DD in the very beginning for sure.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    lildis09 said:
    My real confession is that I realized today that I don't have any maternal feelings toward LO I watch. Mostly she just irks me... :/ I'm assuming its because I have my own kid with me... I've never had this happen before & I babysat a lot.

<in box>
    As a mother who leaves her child in the care of someone else five days a week this makes me sad.  Not that you don't have "maternal" feelings (mine are totally reserved for my child and no one else's), but that you don't seem to care for her very much at all.  Is there any way you could find another child to watch that would be a better fit and maybe the parents would find the right childcare provider for this child?  Part of what makes me so happy to work (besides that whole fulfillment thing) is knowing that my son is with someone who loves him and cares for him -- and he is not easy by any means.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Priss08 said:
    lildis09 said:

Come shopping with me?

Me too. I'm a lost cause.
    I'm a lost cause as well.  I almost wore a maxi dress to work last summer. I can't remember why I didn't but now I'm REALLY glad I didn't. 
    @-)

Don't ask me. I wear man suits....my office is alot of older professions, mainly me so pretty uptight. Apparently their casual dress code means some guys don't wear ties! It is wednesday so I am behind but related to keep your kid in bed post I confess I let DS cry it out and he fell asleep on the floor by the baby gate when I was trying to get him to stay in his bed. This happened 2-3 times and then he always slept in his bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"