Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sudden changes in sleeping pattern?

Since she was about 1 month old, my little one slept like a dream! And on a really consistent schedule. Nap between 7 and 9, bottle, then by 10:30-11 she was down for the night and would sleep until 7 or 8 in the morning! Like clockwork! And she would wake up smiling and ready to play. Now, quite suddenly- but sort of coincides with us feeding her three solids meals a day- she wakes up at least once a night (usually around 3:30 or 4) crying and hungry. Then again at her "normal" hour, but again crying. When I asked the doctor about this, her response was "well that's a pretty normal time for babies to wake up." End of story. She's almost 8 months now. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Sudden changes in sleeping pattern?

• Options
    I would do anything for my 6 month old to only wake up once. My dd slept great until 3.5mo and now she's up every 1-2 hours. I would say growth spurt. Just ride it out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree that its probably a growth spurt. But if it continues I would just make sure your LO didnt decrease the amount of formula/breastmilk they were taking in prior to starting solids. They really shouldnt decrease the amount of milk they are taking in because it is they main nutrition. Maybe she just isnt getting enough during the day to last the entire night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you Keysha, SmilingEyes, and Alicia! All right, I'll ride it out. I also just saw a tooth starting to peek through this morning, so I'm sure the poor thing is in pain teething in addition to growing. I can deal with the early morning wake ups for now!
  • Options
    I am SOOO with you. DD2 slept 8pm-7am from six weeks to 6 months. Never woke 1ce on that time. At 6 months, I went back to work, put her in her crib finally and started a little bit of solids. Now, we are up allllll night every night. Going on 7 weeks of this now. I am exhausted. She "wakes" 3-4 times a night, but it's not like she nurses and hops back to bed. At least 2 of those Eakins are a good hour or 2. I get about 2.5 hours of sleep a night. I am the crankiest *itch these days! Lol! Sorry, I think I was supposed to support you here and say "things will get better...."
  • Options
    We had a similar schedule, but started moving up her bedtime every few nights because I felt like it was far too late for her to be going to bed and I felt a little bit selfish for putting her to bed that late so she would sleep until 8 or 9am. If it's not a growth spurt and riding it out doesn't seem to change anything, I suggest making her bedtime earlier and see if that changes anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"