LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Tell us any 10 things that are on your mind today (can be TTC, pregnancy, parenting related OR totally random!)... If you are new to the board, perhaps use a few of your things to tell us more about yourself! Of course PIPs (Picture in Post) are always welcome. So what are you waiting for? Get started! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• KH826KH826 member

1. 30 Weeks today! Baby is 3/4 of the way cooked! :)

2. So, my RE's office is right next door to the office building that I work in (this was amazingly convenient while TTC), anyway, apparently I park in the same parking garage as my RE, because yesterday after work we ended up in the elevator together in the parking garage. I had my back to her and she was talking with another Dr about a manuscript they are writing together and I didn't want to turn around and interrupt to say "remember me?!?!" HAHA, but I was tempted! So, I didn't say anything. I haven't seen my RE since I was released to the OB at about 9 weeks. I miss her. I am looking forward to going back to her office in the future when we are TTC#2!

3. In prep for my maternity leave, I have started doing a dry run of having my boss review certain documents that he will be responsible for signing off on in my absence. I gave him the first batch to review yesterday. They came back to me with a bunch of comments that make NO sense and make it pretty clear that he has no idea what he is looking at. Great.

4. Speaking of my boss and maternity leave... I was super annoyed on Friday in our department staff meeting when he decided it would be funny to open the meeting by saying "Is anyone else getting nervous about Kristin going on maternity leave? Raise your hand?" ... my name is Kristin, by the way -- which I am sure you guessed. Well, no one laughed. After about 20 seconds of weird silence I raised my own hand and laughed it off and then we all moved on. We don't really have that kind of relationship as a department, so the comment was weird and just kind of made me uncomfy. Especially since I have been prepping for maternity leave for months, and he has done nothing except complain about the additional work he is going to inherit (during my microscopic leave, by the way -- I am only planning to be out for 7 weeks). OK - end rant.

5. It is supposed to snow here again today. I have no words for this.

6. My wife has a super crappy cold that is making her relatively miserable. I am hoping she starts feeling better today, and really hoping that I don't get it!

7. Sooooo on top of her crappy cold, my wife is also nursing another injury. She was working in the nursery on Saturday morning (she had planned to work in there most of the weekend) and she cut her hand while she was scraping paint that was chipping off of the closet door. The cut was pretty bad (only about an inch long, but VERY deep)... well, we ended up spending Saturday afternoon in the ER and she needed stitches and a tetanus shot. Needless to say, not much got accomplished in the nursery for the rest of the weekend.

8. My department admin just called out sick. Sounds like she has the same gross cold with a sore throat that my wife has. Great. I am surrounded by sickness!

9. I have been looking online for inspiration for a dress to wear to our baby shower next month. I don't see anything that I like. Why do they make so many maternity dresses so short?!?! I am looking for something that hits about at the knee (maybe a little above), and so much of what I am seeing online looks like a darn mini skirt! Ummm... I am going to be 8.5 months pregnant. No one wants to see that! And I will not be comfy! I think I am going to try going to the mall in 2 weeks and trying some things on in person and see if anything tickles my fancy. I just don't want to look like I am wearing a tent...

10. Attached is the 30 week bump shot we took this AM. I do NOT like this photo of myself, but I am sharing it with pride anyway b/c I am pregnant and I want to remember and appreciate these moments. Please note that I am restraining myself and the self-deprecating comments I would like to make about my size (you are all welcome!)  

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) I have a midwife appointment today, along with my strep b test. Really hoping I don't test positive for it.

2. I have been busy prepping my thank you gifts for my midwife, her apprentice, my doula and birth photographer. I am still brainstorming ideas for the apprentice.if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate them!

3. Dw and I are planning a short little get away this weekend to the Poconos..I can't wait! There is a pool in our room and swimming while pregnant is amazinggggg

4. Even after all my years nannying, and raising children it's hard to imagine having my own baby...one i can keep! It's crazy this will be a reality very soon :)

5. I get to meet a few fellow bump members today in person and I'm so excited!!!!!

6. I'm hoping to convince DW to start putting baby's crib together.these big boxes are driving me nuts lok

7. We are beginning our spring cleaning outside, slowly but surely. Planning to build raised garden beds soon, and plant some hearty spring flowers so I have a nice area to hang out while in labor.

8. I'm curious what position baby is in...I used to be better at figuring it out but now that baby is bigger all I feel are hard bumps everywhere lol

9. I'm feeling quite lazy today and I hope I snap out of it soon. That's the one thing about home midwife visits...it forces me to clean at least once a week these days lol

10. DW is finally over her cold and I am grateful I didn't catch it.she slept in our extra room for a few nights and tried to stay away from me...that was quite strange!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's my bump ;) just shy of 36 weeks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KH826 I am glad you shared your 30 week pic.  I think you look adorable!  I know that each of us has our own perception of our bodies and its all relative to the sizes we have been in our lives, but I think you look like a cute little preggo lady.
    2. My wife just won tickets from the radio to see Cassidy Pope.  She was on The Voice two seasons ago, I believe, and we have loved her since we saw her on The Voice.  We get to meet her, go to a private sound check and then the concert.  My sister is going to babysit and we are super excited! 
    3. The only issue is the concert is standing room only.  I have been having a lot of back pain, so I am not sure how I will handle standing for so long.  Plus we will be up WAY past our bedtime, so I hope I don't poop out early
    4. I started this almost 2 hours ago and I am only on #4, haha.  Girls woke up, fed them breakfast and I am waiting on M to finish her cereal.  That girl is a picky eater and refuses to eat a lot.  It's a battle of wills and patience, I will say I don't always win the fight.
    5. We met with a doula on Saturday and we love her!  I was on the fence about having a Doula, but we are for sure going with her and I am also recommending her to my sister.  She is getting her certification hours so she is offering her services at a discount rate.  She has 4 kids already and even though she is 'new' at this I feel very comfortable with her knowledge and think she will be a huge asset to our labor and delivery of our little baby girl.
    6. I am 17 weeks pregnant today and people keep asking when/where we are registered.  Uh I am not even half way there people, chill out!  I love that our friends and family are excited, but we don't have tons of free time on our hands.
    7. Speaking of no free time, there are so many books I want to read.  I am behind on my pregnancy books, toddler books and I haven't even thought about reading baby books for our little bundle.  I have about an hour after the girls go to bed before I just pass out and I just can't seem to focus during that time enough to retain information.  
    8. I am currently listening to baby K fuss because she wants a nap.  I am trying to get her on a nap schedule that is closer to her sisters so that I have a little free time during the day.  Right now she naps and wakes up at the time the her sister M goes down, it allows me to have no break and is exhausting.  So I am trying to move her naptime back little by little each day, 
    9. Some fun milestones, baby K is sitting up on her own these days.  It is so adorable!  She just turned 7 months old and is sitting in the high chair and eating baby food in the morning and cereal before bedtime.  She is rolling all over the place and on her way to crawling. I love to see her learning and doing new things everyday.
    10. Sunday morning we woke up to get ready for church, the girls woke up about the same time.  My wife went and got them from their room and brought them into our room and we all crawled back in bed.  It was so wonderful to lay in bed for a few minutes and all cuddle.  We are lucky both girls are cuddle bugs and just so loving towards the both of us.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• KH826KH826 member
    @KH826, good job on the restraint because you look super effing cute!!! Keep growing that baby!!

Thanks! You are such a great confidence booster. I just need to carry you around in my pocket :)

• 1. I support @StacyLH24's post on the IUI thread, but don't want to spend my time responding unless more support is needed there. That poster is completely welcome to actually join us and one-off questions are understandable from folks who aren't ready to commit, but that was her 6th new discussion without any participation and only one "awesome thanks" response ever on this board.

2. I made @Manada stay home from work today. She's still pretty sick with a bad cold and I want her to get better.

3. I know M is miserable at home and having her body feel so crappy and I want her to feel better soon.

4. We are 8w6d today!

5. Our next ultrasound is tomorrow or Thursday depending on when M feels well enough to go. I'm anxious. I know that the odds are on our side for things to still be going well, but I need to see it to believe it.

6. Time is flying. There is sooooo much to do (get a bunch of dissertation work done being a main thing) and the time is slipping by.

7. You can't read multiples boards or books without reading about babies in the NICU for 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 14 weeks, etc. I so, so, so, so, so hope that we can bake the Rockies on the inside for as long as possible.

8. I love bacon.

9. I'm waiting to get my period. I got my period about two weeks after egg retrieval but now I'm on day 39. That's long even for me. Since I've been tracking, I've never been more than 35 days. I think the IVF drugs are still affecting me. I need to get to CD 1 so that I can schedule an MRI. I'm participating in a trial for folks with a family history of breast cancer where I'll get one MRI and one mammogram a year. This will be my first go at it and they need to schedule it between days 7 and 12 of my cycle but we need to know when that will be.

10. My friend that I'm working with today is giving me a hard time for not polishing my blundstone boots. They do really need it, but I kinda like the more rugged look I've got going with them. ;)
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Tomorrow is another ultrasound and I will also be 19 weeks along. One of the perks of being preggo with multiples is mucho ultrasounds (which is probably not good for the moms who are opting for low/no intervention, but we aren't in that group) and I love the opportunities to see the boys grow. It's crazy how quickly they started to look distinctively baby.

2. @healz413‌ we are also scared of the NICU and the very real possibility of preterm labor. In my line of work I end up seeing many twins who were severely premature. One boy I worked with a month ago was born at 23 weeks (he's now 8) and has quite a few lifelong issues. But I only see the kids who have the issues, I don't get to see all the multitude of kids born premature and are now totally fine. Have you gotten a copy of When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads? It really hit home the importance of eating (a lot!) and rest.

3. Registries. We have had our own personal amazon registry since we saw the heartbeats- it's kind of a shopping list/reminder list and it will go public for our shower later. We registered at BRU this weekend and while there are perks like discounts for everything on there post shower, everything is just cheaper at amazon. Now I just have to make sure they don't entirely overlap with the same things in both places.

4. Colds. Are we all sick or sick adjacent? I had a pretty horrendous cold last week and it's finally lifting. I think the neti pot helped, thank goodness, because Im trying my best to not take any meds unless absolutely necessary.

5. We are both small car drivers and the reality of having to buy a large car/SUV/van is setting in. We also currently have long commutes and do not look forward to spending more on gas.

6. I love my wife. So much.

7. I love my dogs. I hope they aren't too neglected when the boys arrive.

8. Work this week is very busy. Lots of running around. They have me scheduled to work on my feet like this for another 7 weeks and then another 4 weeks or so of just desk work before I go out. In 7 weeks I could be enormous, so I'm not sure how this is going to play out.

9. The weather in LA today is gloomy but warm as always. We have not experienced the least bit of winter except the 2 weeks we spent in New England at Christmas with the inlaws, but even then the storms had not started yet. I kind of yearn for seasons.

10. I'm happy to have joined this group and enjoying getting to know everyone and reading posts! You are all so supportive and interesting and cool! Thank you!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• 1. Everyone's bumps are super cute! Thanks for sharing!

2. I'm sick too :( It started as a sore throat but it's turned into a full-on head cold today.

3. I should have worked from home today, but I did what I always do. I often feel better after a shower in the morning, so I decide I'm well enough to head to work, and then once I get here I crash and am miserable. When will I learn?

4. I had nearly my entire team visiting home office yesterday (we're spread across 3 states). It was great getting to see everyone. I wish I could have been feeling better.

5. Is it possible to overdose on tea? If so, I'm at risk.

6. At our IUI appointment on Sunday, we asked the provider how many vials we should order of the next donor (assuming this one doesn't take). She suggested 2, which is exactly what I was thinking and had only barely managed to get my wife on board with. So that was good!

7. As part of my new plan to keep expectations super low, I'm thinking multiple cycles ahead about what our game plan should be. I want to go see an RE after 6 failed unmedicated IUI's, but my wife is not a fan of this plan.

8. I figure 6 months is a good time to do some testing. I've heard a lot of folks on this board mention HSG's. Any other tests that people here found helpful?

9. I also think it might be worth trying a trigger shot to see if we can get the timing any better. I think we've been timing things well (except for the first IUI), since I temp and always get a temp increase the day after the IUI, but I figure a trigger could help get our timing even better.

10. My understanding is that most if not all of the drugs I hear folks mention (clomid, femara, follitism, etc.) increase the risk of multiples. I'm not sure how long I would have to try before I'd be willing to try any of those. Maybe 9 months - 1 year?

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @kh826, @2mamazinseattle, @ybnormal85 & @manada & @healz413 - loving the bump pics!!!  You all look amazing!! :-)  I'll post one a little later today.

1. I'm sitting on the couch and Kaden is climbing up one shoulder and onto the back of the couch and sliding down the other shoulder.  Not distracting at all. Really. Who needs expensive toys when you have a perfectly good Mom.

2. I have been super emotional lately, I just feel like I could (and do) cry at anything. Especially related to my pregnancy or family.

3. I have an appointment with my former OB tomorrow morning.  It's a little awkward but with the baby being breech I need to keep all my options open. I just got off the phone with the OB office trying to explain why I wanted to come back.  I don't think many people around here plan homebirth's and they don't quite know what to make of me. 

4. I am very tired.

5. Today is supposed to be my day to relax, do my breech baby turning exercises, put my feet up. But I'm distracted by a very active toddler and the fact that I need to get my taxes done, and a major assignment finished for class.  Speaking of the assignment its a group project and I'm part of a team of 5.  So far only 2 of us have participated. Most of the other group members aren't even replying to emails.  Sigh.  My other team member N sent a very frank email to the group yesterday about participation, etc.  I replied but no one else has said a word or contributed to the last few things that needed to get done.  I was up past 11 finishing off a few things and will jump back in today since we're down to the wire.  I'm super frustrated since Team projects (we have another even bigger project coming up) account for 35%+ of our grade and are due right around my EDD. Anyway. I'm going to talk to my Program Coordinator about switching to another group, or something....    Sorry to complain.

6. On a positive note EV and I had a wonderful date night last Friday, and Kaden did great with his Aunt & Uncle on his first overnight.  We went to a 9pm movie after going out for frozen yogurt and even managed to keep talk about Kaden to a minimum. The next morning it was so nice to sleep in until 9:55am (I wanted to see double digits but I couldn't quite make it), to go out to breakfast and just hang out running errands.

7. I have to pee literally every 10 minutes. I used to say that was the case, but now it actually is.  I finally understand why some places install TVs in their bathrooms...

8. Nesting has started, I made huge progress on the garage, prepping our room and the downstairs hall closet (where we'll keep the swing, changing pad, etc.) for Owen.  I haven't ordered the birth tub yet, but I've picked one out.  I think I'm waiting to see what will happen with turning the baby.

9. I started seeing a new Acupuncturist yesterday and she's great.  Very informed about birth and how to use Chinese Medicine to support the process. I feel very happy to have found her (as my last new Acupuncturist didn't give me confidence he could provide the care I wanted in this area).

10. Getting the taxes done is high on my list.  I usually have everything filed by early February so I feel very very behind this year.

• 1. I love seeing everyone's bumps!  Thank you all for posting the photos so that we can "be there with you"!

2. It's actually not snowing today, which is amazing, but I would love for the cold wind to disappear too!

3.  It's supposed to be about 50 this weekend and I can't wait! 

4.  A couple weekends ago B and I went to look at engagement rings together.  It was really fun to dream about the day that we could get married.  I'm in WI and currently gay marriage is illegal.

5.  B is starting a LGBT support group at her middle school.  I'm so proud of her for taking on this added responsibility and stepping up.  The kids there seem to be begging for a group so it's definitely needed.  B has made huge steps personally this past year.  This was the first year that she came out on day one to all the kids.

6.  B is trying to figure out a group name for the LGBT group.  It's supposed to be something that's not indicative of LGBT or anything so that the students aren't outted if they aren't wanting to be.  Any suggestions would be great!

6. My dad is supposed to call me after work to discuss my mom's birthday weekend.  A little background: every year my mom, dad, sister's family, and my family go away to a hotel for a weekend around my mom's birthday.  With how my family has been treating B and her family I'm not sure I want to go.  (I could write a WHOLE post on the way they are behaving.  One of the biggest things is that my mom has said that B's family is trash and is below us and that my mom has nothing in common with them.)  The last time that my parents were over my mom sat there completely ignoring B while B was about 2 feet from her and was talking to her.  I told my mom and dad that to even consider going to my mom's birthday weekend that I think B would need heartfelt apologies.  I'm really not sure what else my dad has to say and it's making me really nervous.

7. Making homemade Ravioli for dinner tonight and I can't wait.  YUM!

8. We watched Frozen last night.  One of the best Disney movies ever!  We both loved it.

9. We are trying to figure out what to do about our couch.  Our couch is about 7 months old and all the cushions were pilling, like an old sweater.  The store sent us new cushion covers, but they aren't the same color as the couch.  Now the furniture store is allowing us to "reselect" a new couch.  Which basically means they will give us a credit from the original couch and then we have to pay the difference for a new couch; however the credit is about 1/3 the cost we paid because they subtract delivery, the ottoman cost, the protection plan (new and old).  We just aren't really sure we want to rush into buying a new couch when we just paid a good chunk of money for this couch less than a year ago.

10.  Sometimes I wish N wouldn't nap during my lunch hour at work so that I could go visit her at daycare.  I miss her a lot today so I might just go see her even though she will be sleeping the entire time.   
  • 1. I just did my first lunch-break walk of the Spring. It doesn't feel like Spring -- it's 31 degrees -- but there are robins all over the Boston Common and at least it's warmer/less windy than yesterday and not snowing (yet). And I am trying to be mindful of the fact that my body could stop cooperating with me at any time and get myself out of my chair when I can!

2. To that end, I bought new running shoes yesterday -- I won't actually be able to run in them for a while, but my current pair is old and too small, and I needed something to walk in. For some reason they make me very happy.

3. My wife got a surprise bonus this weekend. We needed it.

4. I can't seem to get enough sleep and I can't seem to get my belly full. I suspect these things are only going to get worse. I like sleeping and eating, so this should be a good thing, but obviously there is only so much time for sleeping and only so much weight I am supposed to gain.

5. I saw a pregnant woman walk past me on the street today. It was my reflection.

6. We have a fun dinner out with friends planned for Saturday. We haven't done it in a while and I can't wait! We're also trying out a new place and I'm excited about that. The menu looks great.

7. I would kill for a hot chocolate right now.

8. The news seems like it's been particularly depressing lately.

9. @healz413 and @2momsinCA - my friend just delivered her twins last month at 34w and change. Even with high bp, she was able to keep them in past her goal (which was 34w), and they were out of the NICU in under 2w. We'll all be rooting for you (and our other twin mamas) to have healthy pregnancies and a full-term births!

10. OK, I'm out of things to say...
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. All the bumps look great and even though it doesn't matter much, I personally think everyone looks fantastic. You are all creating life and that is amazing! 

2. Our new dresser is getting delivered on Thursday and we need to finish painting our room before that. I was way too tired last night after work to work on it. There are no excuses today, it might be a coffee kind of afternoon.

3. We are seeing an MFM OB on Friday at the recommendation of our midwife. She is moving out of state, possibly before our baby is born. All I feel about this today is blah. I really hope we find out the previa has resolved and can back to planning our homebirth and finding out if we need to start seeing a new midwife.

4. I've been hit with a sudden wave of grief about my stepmom. I don't know where it's coming from, but the realization that she is gone forever is setting in and it just sucks. 

5. J mentioned to my dad that I had blogged a bit about my stepmom, her cancer and everything. He really wants to read it now. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

6. I finally made some progress on the mural for Bubbles' room. I am going to start painting the small version this weekend and then the real one soon (I hope)

7. I signed up for an LGBT artist workshop and the first meeting was on Saturday. I will be creating a piece for an exhibition during Pride. The theme of the exhibit is intersections. I think I want to do something about becoming parents and the trust and vulnerability of doing so without legal protections. I'm not sure where to start and should probably talk to my wife since she is the one who has a lot more to lose if I decided to be a jerk. 

8. And maybe I should ask all of you about your experiences, feelings, thoughts :)

9. One of our work partners decided to stop offering a much needed service to our clients right after we signed a new MOU. I am beyond peeved and trying to find a replacement. 

10. I should learn Arabic and Spanish. 

• @TwoMomsInTX‌, apparently my mind wandered while reading your #3 and 4 because I thought for a minute that Cher was meeting with your office!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. DS had his 5 year well-child visit today. He is 44.5 inches (77%tile) and 43.4lbs (66%tile). He is growing like a weed. Doctor said he looks great. We took him for a long overdue haircut after the appointment so now he looks super big and grown-up to me.

2. One of our "male" guinea pigs ended up being female, so we're expecting piglets. The vet said she was close last Thursday. Day 6 of baby watch and now babies. I think she is close. I expect them by Friday. DS is -so- excited.

3. I'm pretty sure we have homes lined up for all of them. Yay! :) I hope there are 2 girls and 2 boys. We'd rehome the boys together, keep a girl and the other girl would be a companion for a single female pig. But only time will tell what we get.

4. Dusty (guinea pigs) x-ray from the vet. Can you spot all the pups?

5. and the pretty piggie mama

6. Enough about my guinea pig.

7. It snowing today, but it should be 60 by Sunday. We are planning on spending the whole day outside. I cannot wait.

8. I am exhausted today. I haven't been sleeping well and it is really catching up to me. I just might take a nap.

9. I love all the pregnant bellies. Everyone looks amazing!

10. Until next time.
    I am soooo excited about your little piglets!!! I had a guinea pig growing up (Autumn) and loved her to bits and pieces. Can't wait to hear your updates :-)
  • Ok, so I will use this to introduce myself a little further.

1. I am completely baby crazy right now! Like I legit think that if I don't calm down my wife is gonna scream...but she loves me so thats ok.

2. I am in the military, almost three years now and I am probably gonna be a lifer.

3. I married my best friend.

4. I am one of 9 children. 2 boys and 7 girls...and all the girls came in a row. I am the only one of 9 children to not have any kids...I have over 30 nieces and nephews. It makes for great big loud parties and reunions.

5. I work at a hospital and all 7 of my co-workers in my clinic are male...its like having a crap-ton of brothers harrassing me all day. But they are entertaining so thats something I guess...

6. I feel way older than my 24 years.

7. I would really like to have a boy named Sebastian and call him Bash.

8.  I have 2 fur-children...a kitty named Sera and a puppy named Kali though he is hardly puppy-sized (30 lbs, 5 months old, german shepard rottie mix)

9. I am on this website mon-fri almost all day reading and researching. Pregnancy scares me and I soothe my fears with knowledge.

10. I wish that I was TTC already and I am secretly struggling with having to wait until the end of the year, even though the reasons to wait are valid. I can't wait for the end of the year and I hope that soon after that..I will have a BFP!!! FX.

• 1. I am feeling sort of down and stressed today. No particular reason.

2. I am so grateful for C...having C carry was not the plan at all but when things went in that direction he totally went with the flow...its awesome.

3. I feel like I am getting a sore throat...I am sure hoping I am not getting sick.

4. C's sister is coming to stay this weekend and our house is far from ready for visitors. Sigh...I don't wanna clean...I hate it!

5. I am working on getting an FAQ/Read Me First document ready for our board...there certainly is a lot of information!

6. I have been going to the gym 3-5 days a week...it is so crazy how much that can change the way you look at your own body image...I love it!

7. I am struggling with whether or not to confront someone "in my life". I am not much for confrontation but I also think its important to let someone know when they've hurt your feelings. I really thought this person was my friend but they have really hurt me and although now that I've seen their true colors I don't want to continue a relationship, I want them to understand how thet made me feel. This may be why I've been feeling stressed.

8. I have really been enjoying knitting lately. I am knitting two different blankets and I really love it!

9. I am so tired of the cold. It is getting warmer but I want some spring weather please!

10. I am really excited for our TWW to be over...we are only 4dpIUI so we have some time but I am ready to see what happened with this cycle. 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• KH826KH826 member
    5. I saw a pregnant woman walk past me on the street today. It was my reflection.

9. @healz413 and @2momsinCA - my friend just delivered her twins last month at 34w and change. Even with high bp, she was able to keep them in past her goal (which was 34w), and they were out of the NICU in under 2w. We'll all be rooting for you (and our other twin mamas) to have healthy pregnancies and a full-term births!

Your #5 just made me laugh hysterically! Love it! :)

RE: #9 - I have a friend who just had twins two weeks ago, and she had a scheduled c-section at 38w2d. She is the poster child for a successful and uneventful twin pregnancy, and I KNOW that they do not all go that way, but my point is that it is possible. She is also an elementary school teacher and worked up until the end and was on her feet the majority of the day. She is super lucky, but also did a super good job being a twin pregnant momma. Her babies had no NICU time and were born at 5lbs8oz and 6lbs13oz. They were home 3 days post delivery, and are thriving. Anyway... for every scary twin story you hear, I think if it were me I would want to hear a positive non-scary story, so that is why I wanted to share that.

• 1) Today was field trip day in Second Grade-land. I'm officially exhausted. 

2) I packed my gym bag with the best of intentions to get to the gym this afternoon. I don't see that happening :(  Even though I know it's the best thing I could do for myself the nausea/headache is just too much. 

3) I told the big boss about our baby Plankton (no- I can't tell you  how that name came about....it just kind of happened!) and she was actually excited. I was worried, because so many other teachers are expecting and finding coverage is tough for mat leave. Oh well. 

4) We totally jumped the gun and checked out the daycare we will be using. We know we want to go there because friends go there and adore it, our kid will get to meet other children from a wide variety of backgrounds, and they work with me and my teachers schedule so that I don't have to pay over my sporadic vacations (three weeks at at time adds up!). 

5) Finally feeling settled in the new house! Still so much to do but it's starting to feel like home! 

6) I just inherited my grandfather's cradle. This baby will be the fourth generation to nap in this gorgeous thing! It's 94 years old and in near perfect condition. Kind of amazing to think about! 

7) I need to type faster and get out of here. My headache is getting worse. 

8) I'm ready for spring weather. Our "spring" field trip today was quite frosty. Glad we were able to be inside for most of it. 

9) Anybody else feeling super clumsy? I can't hold on to anything and I actually STAPLED MY THUMB this weekend working on a bulletin board for my class. 

10) Thinking of renting FROZEN tonight on TV. My kids (students) are NUTS over this movie and I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen it! 

(Keep the bump pictures coming! I can't wait to have one to share, myself!)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pauljl, Not that you need another vote for you to rent Frozen, but it is a great movie! 
  • 1. Our internet at work has been out all day. That makes it difficult to do much of anything. Thankfully I have phone numbers of my regular clients written down elsewhere besides in our internet based system. I'm glad I was out on home visits for most of the day.

2. The support regarding my post is appreciated. I certainly don't want anyone to ever feel like they can't post here, unless of course they are harassing us, etc, which the poster definitely is not doing. We all put a lot of thought into what we respond to others when questions are asked and support is being sought. Even a simple thank you in response would be sufficient. I know it isn't required, but to me it is just simple manners. End discussion & moving forward.

3. My PMS symptoms this cycle are much more pronounced than normal. Hopefully that isn't an indication of how my period will be.

4. I have decided to end a friendship that I have had for many years. The friendship has been a huge struggle for the past few years and probably was strung out longer than it should have been. It is sad, but lately it has added nothing but negativity in my life. I honestly never thought it would come to this. I suppose we all grow over time and relationships change - some for the better and some not.

5. Internet seems to be back!

6. Our vacation and everything that has happened in the past month has put a lot into perspective for me. Hence #4.

7. I will be 30 towards the end of April. Up until now, I have been dreading 30. Lately, I'm looking forward to it in a sense. I think my 30s will bring better and more fulfilling relationships and hopefully two babies!

8. Our youngest dog (but largest in size) had some blood in her urine. We took her to the vet yesterday and it looks like she has a slight UTI. I'm glad that is all it is. So far we have been putting her antibiotic in a piece of cheese and she gobbles it right down.

9. We had some family over on Sunday for a birthday dinner for my Mom. C and I made cheese ham and potatoes in the crockpot and then a cheesecake with apple crisp topping and a bowl of fruit layered with a homemade fruit dip. It all turned out really well. This was the first time I have made cheesecake from scratch.

10. I figured out how to watch OITNB without using all of our internet. Now I just need to see if I can get Netflix on our tv.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @themommymonster‌ guinea pigs are the best! Congrats on the piglets! I had guinea pigs a few years ago and got a surprise litter of 3 from what I had thought were two females. The babies were precious! But it forced the issue of buying multiple cages.

@SweetPea0307‌ I'm a big fan to fertility hormone testing. I really wanted to know if everything was working before we tried. The testing we did was estrogen, tsh (thyroid), and FSH. Those are the "day 3" tests that REs run. There are probably a few more hormones they check in there. Then I also had my AMH tested twice. AMH and FSH are indicators of your ovarian reserve and are very good to know. Progesterone is usually tested about 7 days after ovulation and that's important because if it's low you either aren't ovulating or aren't producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. I'm also a big fan of the trigger shot, ovulation could happen at any point after the LH surge. Also with some women, they will get a surge and still not ovulate. Trigger makes it happen and narrows down the window.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• KH826KH826 member
    2momsinCA said:
    @SweetPea0307‌ I'm a big fan to fertility hormone testing. I really wanted to know if everything was working before we tried. The testing we did was estrogen, tsh (thyroid), and FSH. Those are the "day 3" tests that REs run. There are probably a few more hormones they check in there. Then I also had my AMH tested twice. AMH and FSH are indicators of your ovarian reserve and are very good to know. Progesterone is usually tested about 7 days after ovulation and that's important because if it's low you either aren't ovulating or aren't producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. I'm also a big fan of the trigger shot, ovulation could happen at any point after the LH surge. Also with some women, they will get a surge and still not ovulate. Trigger makes it happen and narrows down the window.

I would like to add to this that doing the HSG test early on is always a good idea. You could have blocked tubes and no idea that they are blocked and that could lead to an inability to get pregnant at all (not saying this is you, but everyone has this possibility until they have the test done). Since you are paying for sperm (I think you said you are buying from a bank, correct? - If I am mixing you up with someone else, I am sorry!), I would get the HSG done sooner than later because aside from the frustration, stress and emotional mess that can be caused by prolonged TTC efforts, spending money for sperm for IUIs when you have a blocked tube(s) is obviously not optimal.

Just the basic battery of tests with a RE is a good idea when you are paying money TTC... I think you mentioned switching to a RE in the future? So does that mean you are doing IUIs with your OB office currently?

A RE will do the cycle day three bloodwork that @2momsinCA mentioned, and will also test your thyroid, etc., as well as likely order the HSG for you. Every RE is different, but mine did all of the above a month before my first IUI. I personally was thankful for that because we paid out of pocket 100% for everything and incurred about $8500 in costs for 5 IUIs (including sperm). It was comforting to know that I had all of the information possible and there was no reason that I couldn't get pregnant before we even started. Not that I got pregnant via IUI, because I didn't! But it was still a comfort to know that there was no medical reason why I couldn't before I spent nearly $10k trying with inseminations.

Good luck and keep us posted. There are lots of folks who are not actively TTC (because they are likely either pregnant or parenting) but who would be happy to offer advice or be a sounding board for you, so don't hesitate to start a new thread with a question! :)

• @StacyLH24‌ Have you heard of Roku? We use ours to rent movies on amazon, but you can also use it to watch Netflix on your TV. And it's pretty cheap, like $50 at most.

@2momsinCA‌ Thanks for the tips! I'll have to ask about that when we get to that point.

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @KH826 Thanks for the advice. We're not using an RE or our OB at the moment; we're using a program specially designed for AI that heavily caters to lesbian couples. Folks in the Boston area might have heard of it, it's through Fenway Health. The cost isn't bad; only $900 per cycle including sperm. I also like the idea (in theory) of not making this whole process more medical than it needs to be, though after 3 failed cycles I'm feeling a little antsy to try something new to improve our odds. My wife, though, is very opposed to seeing an RE, so going after 6 months is the best compromise I can hope for. I really appreciate everyone sharing what tests they found helpful; it helps me know what to ask for when I get to that point and it's also helps me make my case to my wife that we could learn something useful.

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @ATXMommas, someone is rocking some chubby cheeks!  Where are those overalls from?  I was telling @2MamazinSeattle how I wanted striped overalls for Mr. Baby like the Oshkosh B'Gosh ones I had as a kid.  They looked a lot like that!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1. Everyone's bump shots are so beautiful.  Creating life is an amazing thing

2. It makes me wonder what my 23w bump would have looked like. This week is the week Brynlee would have been considered viable.

3. I am watching Teen Mom 2 one of my guilty pleasures.

4. I am excited to meet with the MFM tomorrow.

5. I got some painting done in the house today while R was at work.  My next project in the new house is to conquer the laundry room.

6. I have been spending so much time lately in my pajamas all day and am not ready to have to start wearing real clothes all the time again.

7. I saw Divergent with R this weekend.  After hearing everyone talk about it in a previous thread I read the first two books and am almost done with the third.  The movie was really good. I was worried that I would be thinking about the Secret Life of the American Teenager the entire time but the actress who played Tris did a really good job.

8. R is starting to snore beside me right now on the couch. She has been putting in long days because she just got a huge promotion.

9. All the New England bumbies we get one more nor eastern thrown at us but the weatherman called for temps in the high 60s later this week!!!

10.  I should really be in bed. 

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• @ATXmommas‌ - that's is seriously one if the cutest things I've ever seen.

Ok 35 week (and 35 days left!) bump pic. Taken in our downstairs bath so pics a little awkward.
  • @ball.and.chain‌ - the overalls are from Carter's. Cute story - my 86-year-old grandmother (my stepdad's mom) bought them for him because "every Mississippi boy needs a pair of overalls." I love them too! Here is a full pic (this is also his 4-month pic).image
  • @amber&reva - HUGS. After our loss, every week was measured by how pregnant I should have been or hold old he would be. It's so hard. I hope you get some answers from the MFM.
  • rkborkbo member
    1. I'm a day late, so 10 things Wednesday for me :)

2. Today I am 7&8 dpiui. I am holding strong on not taking any tests till my wife gets home friday. By now I would have started daily as of yesterday. 

3. I chopped all my hair off yesterday. I have been wanting to cut it short for over a year but I promised my wife I would leave my hair long for our wedding. (Oct 12,2013) My hair was down to my lower back and on our honeymoon I chopped it to my shoulders. Well, yesterday I chopped it even more! Pics attached below.

4. Super excited for my wife to be home this weekend. It is the first time she will be here since leaving for Vegas for her current movie on March 8th. 

5. We are going to a Jennifer Nettles concert this weekend in LA. We were lucky enough to score PIT tickets. Unfortunately, I am not as excited about this show as I was hoping to be. Her album isn't nearly as good as Sugarland (her band) albums. She does have one of the most beautiful voices out there though, so it will be fun regardless.

6. I love seeing all the bump pics! It gives me hope! 

7. My wife and I have decided that 6 is our magic number of how many tries we will have. (If I can make it there mentally too!) This is try #3, so if we get a BFN then we might take a month off and start fresh in May. 

8. It really bugs me that there were 2 weddings that my wife and I went to before our own...They were last September..we still have not received thank you cards. WTF, since when is this ok? One of the weddings I was a bridesmaid and flew across the country to be in and spent well over $1000 to be there, not including the dress/shoes/jewelry, etc. 

9. Work has been pretty slow lately, I really hope it picks up soon. 

10. I have ran out of things to talk about so I will leave you all with this. This is "our song" that we danced to at our wedding. PS, we rocked the Foxtrot! Jennifer Nettles is pregnant in this video as well.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_lF2r5D7zI 
  • @rkbo - cute hair cut!  FX for a BFP this cycle.
  • @SweetPea0307‌ - I have not heard if that. I will check into it and see if it would work for us.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @rkbo I love Jennifer Nettles! (and I think my wife kind of looks like her) I wish she was coming here on tour. We have seen Sugarland a couple of times and have lots of special Sugarland "songs" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"