January 2014 Moms

Labeling diapers for daycare

Do you have to label diapers for daycare? Mine requires LO's initials be put on the diapers. I've discovered the permanent marker (basic Sharpie) I labeled them with rubs off on her clothes. Is there any way to avoid this? What type of marker do you use? They are Pampers Swaddlers if that makes a difference.
photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg

Re: Labeling diapers for daycare

• km_mdkm_md member
    You have to label each individual diaper? That seems like a pain! 

My mom has a spot for diapers for the LOs at her daycare, and most parents bring in one of the plastic sleeves of diapers and she just writes their name on the outside of the package. I know that it is different at the daycare centres, but is something like this possible? It is definitely easier for you to write with marker on the plastic than finding something to write on each diaper. 

• No. DS gets his own plastic container and I just have to keep up the supply of diapers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS2 isn't in daycare yet, but DS1 has his pull-ups labeled but just the big bag! I'd be so pissed if I had to individually label them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree it is strange to label individual diapers but perhaps parents have expressed concerns about the centre using other people's diapers on their kids?
    Are you labelling the back or front of the diapers? Perhaps labelling them on the front or the tabs would stop the transfer since presumably there would be less pressure between clothes and those spots? If you are labelling the back she might just rub too much there. If you label the crotch of the diapers even if it transferred to the clothes it wouldn't be as noticeable. What about using a regular pen or a fabric pen (meant for tailoring they are designed to wash out of fabric)?
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That seems like such a pain! I know this isn't really help to you, but in my infant room, the kiddos are color coded. We have six, and each is assigned their own color. EVERYTHING is that color. Their crib tag, cubby label, pen for their daily sheet, and even their diapers are labeled in their color. For the diapers, we open the package and just draw a straight line down the middle with a BIC permanent marker. We haven't have any issues with transfer to clothing with the BICs, but we did with Sharpies.

• They like the crotches labeled, and yes, I agree it's kinda weird. But she's only going 3 days a week so I'm not having to do *too* many diapers at once.

I will try the BIC permanents for sure. And someone also suggested dry erase markers. I'm doing a test run on an old shirt of mine to see how it comes out of clothes. I might try a tailoring pen next. Regular ballpoint didn't write on the diapers.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • How do they suggest????
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• katagskatags member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't asked... Guess I should :) Btw, dry erase marker didn't come out. I didn't pretreat it though. But for the record, the sharpie smudges came out of the white onesie. I did spray oxyclean stain remover on it, so there's that.
    How do they suggest????
    Edit: quote fail. Sorry.
  • Totally baffles me that you have to label every single diaper. Try a different pen but on the logo part of the diaper, right in front. Maybe a ballpoint pen or a felt tip pen will work there. There is another kind of pen that is thicker than a ballpoint. I can't think of what it's called. Try that maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"