2nd Trimester
Options

13 Weeks and Pants are all too Tight!

I am just at the 13 week mark and starting to feel very pregnant.  I didn't have any morning sickness so I was very lucky.  But it really feels more real now that all my pants are too small! 

I know everyone is different, but I feel like my belly is big!  Were any others not fitting in there pants by this stage?  I have not been eating more than usual and don't consider myself overweight to begin with...

I know this is just the beginning- so the weight factor is really scaring me!

Any insight....?

Re: 13 Weeks and Pants are all too Tight!

• Options

How abouts you post this in 1st tri since that's where you are right now. 

If you don't consider yourself overweight, then why is the weight factor a problem?  Ugh....

• Options

Yep, I outgrew my pants about the same time. Do yourself a favor and buy some maternity jeans - it's so much better than trying to "make it work" with a rubber band or belt.

Remember that the growing belly is a good sign that everything is going right. I'm no veteran, but I'm more comfortable with the extra belly now that it looks "pregnant" rather than just "extra chubby." You'll pass that stage soon.

Um, and you'll find that weight is a pretty sensitive subject on the boards. Just FYI.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the support - for someone who posts on here all the time you think you may have nicer things to say....

Sorry to have wasted your time.

• Options
    If you are talking regular pants, then time for some maternity pants.  If you are talking maternity pants then you might have to go up a size.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you're 13 weeks, your ticker is off.  My pants haven't really been fitting for a while now.  I just gave up on my biggest pair of pre-pregnancy jeans.
    imageimage

• Options
    My pants were too tight at week 11. It was mostly bloat though until about a week or two ago, now it's starting to pop just a little into a baby bump. Just wear anything comfy...it's awkward being in between regular clothes and maternity clothes, but do what you can...you will pop in a few more weeks. Until then, just wear your looser clothes or stretchy stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageOur First Baby:

Any insight....?

What exactly are you looking for insight on?

Your pants are getting tight and you're gaining weight because you're pregnant.

• Options
    That's probably still bloat, since you said you're not eating more than usual. Get a Bella Band or Tummy Sleeve to help out. Mine went back down and I was able to wear my regular jeans until about 19 weeks.
  • Options
    imageOur First Baby:

Thanks for the support - for someone who posts on here all the time you think you may have nicer things to say....

Sorry to have wasted your time.

What's the supposed to mean?  Because I post here alot I should be nicer? Ha ha ha ha. 

You come up here and the first question you post is about your clothes fitting and how you are not overweight, but "so scared" about your weight.  Not smart.  

• Options

Don't get too upset at all the posters who will tell you you're being stupid b/c you're not that far along.

I was ROUND at the beginning.  And, in contrast to pre-pg it was a big deal.  They are right that you will gain perspective as you go along...but you still have just as much a right to _bitch and moan as we all do.  Being pg SUCKS most of the time.

Welcome to the club! ;) 

• Options
    I def. couldn't fit into my normal pants except for yoga pants, sweats, and my low waisted jeans at 13 weeks. I bought some maternity pants before that actually because the rubber band trick wasn't working for me.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I gave up fighting my pants at 13.5-14 weeks
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    My pants stopped fitting at 13 weeks just like you're describing. Now that I'm in maternity pants, I'm not sure I want to go back to the regular kind...ever! I *heart* elastic waistbands. *LOL*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my second child and I've popped right away without gaining 1 pound. I have had to buy several pairs of pants this week because most of my stuff is now too tight. 

Watching your weight is important. I am over weight from my last child so it is very important for me to be more careful this time. I'm working toward gaining a safe 28 lbs. per my doctor's advice.

A great tip my girlfriend gave me: try ebay or craiglist for used closed. I've already ordered several shirts for work for just just $20. I have bought several new pants this week and have spent over $100, ouch!

• Options
    I was very small framed/petite pre-pregnancy and bought my first pair of maternity jeans at 12 weeks. I had major bloat going on and there is no sense in being unconformable.  I don't think what you are experiencing is abnormal. Try to stop worrying about the weight unless your doctor is worried. We all gain weight when we're pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"