October 2014 Moms
Options

12 weeks and flutters?

Not me as I'm not 12 weeks yet but my ultrasound tech and a few people said if you lay really still you can Start to feel flutters at 12 week's. That just seems super early to me. I was 15 or 16 weeks with my son. Any insight on this? When was the earliest you felt a flutter?

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Gibson is due October 8th! (Bfp: January 29th)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

6 lbs 6 oz / 19.5 inches long

Re: 12 weeks and flutters?

• Options
    I was 14 weeks with my second when I felt very tiny flutters. 12 weeks does seem a little early!

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• Options
    I never felt flutters the first time. I waited and waited for them, but never felt a flutter. The first movement I felt was a kick at 20w6d.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cousin said she felt some with her third at 13 week's and some odd days. I can't wait to feel a flutter. I know it'll be reassuring. I think I have too much fluff to feel it so early lol

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

• Options
    Oh that gives me hope @famousea! I can't wait to feel something. Now I'll lay still ever night to wait and see haha

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

• Options
    With both pregnancies I didn't feel movement until 16 weeks. It would sure be nice to feel it earlier but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    i think its gas but it may be a slight flutter when i lay flat like once or twice today

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything with DS until 18.5 wks. and then didn't feel legitimate movement until around 21. I did have an AP with DS. I'm hoping to feel Baby R sooner than I felt DS.
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm 13 weeks and after I lay down at the end of the day I feel some good movement. I felt my 1st at 15-16 weeks.
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone else was having flutter-type feelings. I didn't feel anything with DS until 18 weeks, but when I am still and laying down, I feel the goldfish thing that @FamousEa described. I would say it's gas, but it's in the same spot I always find the HB with my doppler.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My u/s tech told me this when I was pregnant with DS. I tried to lay still and see, but I didn't feel flutters until 14 weeks. You couldn't feel them from the outside, though. I was about 18 weeks or so when I started feeling kicks.
    imageimage
  • Options
    jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited March 2014
    I'm 12.5 weeks and I'm still pretty skeptical but I think I've felt a few flutters this week. It's usually in the morning when I'm laying still and have a full bladder. This is my third baby and it feels exactly like how it did with the other two. I don't remember when I first felt movement with them. I know the first outside kicks with DS1 was at 19 weeks. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I was 14 weeks when I felt the flutters with DS...wondering if I will feel it sooner this time with twins?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I started to feel things around 14 to 15 weeks with DD so I'm hoping I will recognize it a little sooner this time around.

• Options
    11 weeks with #2 and 3. Of course it's very infrequent so early... I can't wait until it becomes regular :). Best feeling in the world.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • Options
    I felt nothing until 18 weeks. I really hope the flutters come earlier this time!
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited March 2014
    Im 11.5 weeks and the last day I have had almost a light tickle feeling from the inside center pelvis... It isn't like later on when I would call it pop feeling or fluttery
  • Options
    I'm twelve weeks today and starting feeling flutters two days ago!!! :-)
  • Options

lol lol lol. Your u/s tech is full of crap.

Actually not at all, it is very common in subsequent pregnancies to feel "flutters"so early on.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember any flutters from last time.  The first time I felt him move was at 19 weeks and it was a full on kick.  Maybe I will try to lay more still earlier to feel something!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"