Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

First Time Apart For a While Question

I signed up to be in my church's Easter choir. It wasn't until after I signed up that I realized I will be leaving my daughter for 7 hours one of the days and 4 hours the other. I am still at home with her so neither of us have much experience being apart for longer than a couple hours. I am beyond nervous now and I am considering backing out of the choir. Am I just worrying for no reason? She will almost be 7 and a half months when Easter arrives so I know she won't be nursing as much as now, but I am still scared she won't be able to sleep without me.

imageimageimage

Re: First Time Apart For a While Question

• Options
    Don't back out of something you were excited about doing :)  Even if it all falls completely to hell, she won't be permanently damaged.  Daycare kids often are a hot mess for DAYS while they adapt but they manage, kwim?
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
     Ask whomever is staying with LO to send you an update and or a pic of little one...it always makes it easier to see a pic of LO happy when you are away!  You need you time and if you're excited about an event then don't back out! Your LO will be okay! She may fuss for a bit or be harder to get down- or she might be totally fine. You will also be close by so if it all goes to hell then you can always go home or have someone bring LO to you.  But you will survive and LO will survive and be totally fine.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Short periods of separation won't hurt her, so I wouldn't back out if it's something you want to do.  She will be okay :)
    Every day is an adventure with my boys!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    I will definitely be singing in the choir, then. I was so nervous before and I asked the program director if I will be able to nurse my DD in between services and I found out that I will have 30 minutes to spend with her in between the services since she will be at the church with me.

Plus she will be going to their daycare two times a week every week until Easter. I think she will start to feel more comfortable by the time she needs to spend a few hours there. 
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"