Working Moms
Options

do you write your LO's name on their items for dc?

My daycare orientation asked us parents to label our child's items. They each have their own dresser for their clothing, wipes, used bottles, and diapers. I always write LO's name on her diapers and wipe packets and put them in her dresser. Another mom asked me why I wrote LO's name on the diapers bc it is "the care giver's responsibility. That's what we pay them for." I don't think its a big deal to do it at home, but do you think its their job? Just curious.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: do you write your LO's name on their items for dc?

• Options
    I lable the outside of the pack. DC just writes his first initial on the diapers. I labled the bottles with his name. DC has a labler and would have labled them if I hadn't.
  • Options
    FemShepFemShep member
    edited March 2014
    I label the outside of the diapers and wipes packages (but not individual diapers), all sippy cups, all food containers, etc... I think that mom's attitude is a little ridiculous. First, how is the provider supposed to know who things belong to if they're not labeled? People sub in so the teachers can go to lunch, rooms are combined in the mornings and evenings, etc. Not every teacher is in the room for every moment. And the "it's their job" attitude is a little snippy. It's not my daycare provider's job to label stuff, it's their job to give my child excellent care. I consider it *my* job to have my LO as prepared as possible to have a great day, including labeling her stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do not label anything. My dc labels individual diapers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    I label everything but only the pack of diapers. They put DS's initials on each diaper. Our DC provides wipes so I don't have to worry about that.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    we label wipes etc, but not disposable diapers

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options
    we always labeled the pack but not diapers.  I guess I don't really get the point if they're all stored in separate drawers or areas, and not all together where they could get really mixed up.  Cloth I get or if there is something super special about your diapers but otherwise I guess I don't really see the need.
  • Options
    I always wrote DD's name on the outside of the pack of diapers and the pack of wipes.  I wanted to make it easy for them to put it all in the right place after I dropped DD off (and left the supplies at the front door - it was an in-home) and leave no room for confusion at changing time.  It's their job to take care of the kid, but the 10 seconds it takes to write a name on a package at home before you take something in seems like it would go a long way to helpng out the DCP.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I label the package of diapers and wipes. DC teachers actually write their initials on individual diapers which I think is kind of silly. But hey diapers are expensive so I'm happy that they make sure each kid is using their own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I labeled the outside package when DS was in diapers.

Now that he is potty-trained, not much gets labeled.  His jacket, boots, mittens, etc all have his name written on the tag.  Otherwise he has a bucket for misc items like back-up clothes and underwear.  None of that gets labeled.  The kids are also old enough to know what stuff belongs to them.

I think its the parents responsibility. 

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member
    I hand write labels on diaper package, formula, wipes, and food I bring daily.  I use Name Bubbles for clothing and bottles.  Some of the teachers have written initials on all individual diapers, but that's something that they do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    ss265ss265 member

When DS was taking bottles at DC, we labeled all his bottles. With diapers and wipes, DC usually labels the packages when we drop them off but if the teacher isn't there, I label it myself. I have nothing against labeling it myself but they have always done it for us.

I don't label anything else. DS has always has his own cubby so things have never gotten lost.

• Options
    LO is cloth diapered, I label those (I bought semi-permanent labels that stay on through the wash, but come off when I want them off), and write his name on everything that I can. It's not my DCP's job to label anything, I want to make sure his things are only used for him, and that I get all his clothing back, the way I do that is to label it.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options

label each diaper? hell to the no :)

I get Inchbug lables and stick them on items as needed: jackets, cups, coolers, whatever

FWIW, I hate hearing "that's what they get paid for".  So degrading.  As if the mom is "above" labeling...mm-hm...sure

• Options
    For school - his backpack has his name embroidered on it and clothing gets stickers.  Since everything else is in the backpack I don't need to label each and every thing he brings in.

• Options
    I label all clothes and jackets (except socks), but I let them label the diapers. I drop off a sleeve of about 40. From what I understand, a lot of other moms at my DC do this, too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"