Nurseries and Baby Gear

Carrier for Hot Weather?

Hi Everyone I'm looking for a soft structured carrier that will be lightweight and not too heavy in the summer - I'm leaning toward the Beco Gemini. I overheat really easily, and it looks like my LO is he same. Anybody have any recommendations? TIA!

Re: Carrier for Hot Weather?

• Have heard good things about the Becco Gemini from a mom in my moms group, however she didn't say anything specific to heat. Here is a review with info on the carrier (I found it more useful than just amazon reviews, have not yet made a decision on a new carrier though becausey old one that is front only, is uncomfortable now that my daughter is approaching 20 pounds)

https://www.theportablebaby.com/becogemini.html

Another mom suggested the abocve site as a good reference. The woman authoring the site sells carriers, however she has a decent comparison chart (link found within the page linked.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I live in South Texas and my son and I were both super hot boxes. I couldn't wear him with a beco gemini. It was too hot for me. I used my baby ktan breeze.
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • ergo performance 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haha the only reason why I clicked this thread was to hope youre not considering the gemini! I tried it and immediatwly felt like I was wearing a hot sweater. I went w the beco butterfly,  which is similar to the newer soleil. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• That's really good to know about that Ergo performance! I'm going to look at it with the sale that Target is having this week on Ergo!
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"