Baby Names

Feminine Version of Vincent or Joseph

We would like our little girl's middle name to honor my Dad, who passed away a few months ago. His name was Vincent Joseph. My husband is not a fan of Josephine, and I am really not a fan of Vincenza. Is anyone aware of any other feminizations of these names?

Re: Feminine Version of Vincent or Joseph

• Joseph can also be: Josie, Joanna, Joan, Jolene, Josette
    Vincent is a little trickier. What about Vienna, Vinia, Vivian, or just call Vincenza Vinnie for short?
  • LimaDLimaD member
    Josie and Josephine are what popped into my mind first...I've got nothing for Vincent
  • Loading the player...
  • Josefa. Which is kind of a cool name.

Joan and Johanna are variations on John, not Joseph, I believe.

Not sure what to do about Vincent.
  • What about just using Jo? I can't think of anything for Vincent

This. My husbands middle name is Joseph and it was also his grandpa's middle name who he really looked up too. We used Jo as the middle name for DD1.
  • You could just use the initials. Violet Jean, Vivian Joy, Victoria Joelle, etc. 
  • My great grandmother was Vincenzina (Vin-chen-ZEE-nah), which I don't particularly like or recommend, but I figured I'd throw out there.  She went by Zena (ZEE-nah).

Her daughter was Joan-Anna, and went by Joann.

• Jo. It's MN, in honor of my grandfather.
  • I like Vincenzina. Or Vinsa (feminizing the nn Vins). And nothing wrong with Johanna/e Joanna/e.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • ==N====N== member
    Might be a stretch but how about Millicent for Vincent?

For Joseph my favorite is Josephine or Joy (which also may be a stretch).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Josie Jocelyn? Vincent got nothing. Like Vivian in some form of spelling. Having same issu.e w incorporating dad's name into girls name. One suggestion is look up meaning of name and go w that if something is suitable still a nod to dad wout being something you hate.
  • I love Josefina (Josie, Joey), it may be a stretch but you could also do Jolie. My maternal grandfather was Vincenzo and my paternal grandmother was Vincenza. My middle name is Vincenza and I love it.  And the reason I love it is because it has family meaning. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • For Vincent, what about Vanessa or Vinessa?

• I love Josefina, too, or Josie.
    I do really like Josephine as well though!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"