Cloth Diapering

WWYD NCDR Long!

So, I am going back to work a day early from my 12 weeks FMLA so that I can attend the last refresher training for the year.  The training is required by law for me to keep working.  Training starts at 7 but daycare doesn't do drop off until 7:30 so it would be about 7:40 before I would make it to training.  The training coordinator says that I need to be there at 7 and attend a full 8 hours or I can't come back to work.  The trainers can't stay late to make it up with me.  I spoke with my boss who spoke with her boss and he suggested that she (my boss) meet me at the daycare early and watch the baby until she can take him in.  I have no problem personally with her watching my kid but professionally it seems wrong.  I work in a very male dominated industry and I already feel like I got the side eye while pregnant over certain things and plus, it just doesn't seem right having my boss watch my baby.  I also told them that I was going to have to pump during the day and that it will probably take longer than the 15 minutes they allot for breaks especially since I will probably have to go to my car to do it (the training is being held outside of the workplace).  It's already really bothering me that I won't be dropping my baby off at his first official day at daycare.  I'm going to insist on a trial run the day before though.  I'm thinking that I will probably have to ask one of my (very nice, but I really don't like to bother them) neighbors to come over (5 mile drive so it's not simple) and watch him for 30 minutes and then take him 30 miles in to town to daycare.  If I go with this option what would you do for the neighbor to pay them back?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD NCDR Long!

• I agree that, while it was very nice of your boss to offer, this is a conflict of interest and could create the impression of special treatment.  Your SO can't help?  Or any other family/friends?  That seems like an awful lot to ask of a neighbor, but if that's an option I would choose that over the boss situation.  If the neighbor has kids, maybe you could babysit one night and let them have a night out.  Or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant, or something similar.  You would definitely owe them!  Sorry you're in this crappy situation.  That makes it even harder to go back to work.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Husband will already be at work and really can't afford any more time off.  We live about 20 hours away from any family whatsoever.  All of our neighbors are very nice older (50-70yo) folks and wouldn't mind at all but I still feel like I would be imposing.  Luckily this should be the only time this would happen.  
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you going to get the car seat back from your neighbor for pick-up? Can they leave it at the DC?

• I'm assuming they can leave it at daycare. I wouldn't see why not.  
  • That's what we did at our DC.  Leave the seat there.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I'm not sure if your DCP is a centre or home DCP but have you asked if they would be willing to take LO early for one day? If it's a home DC they might do it for an extra fee.  
    Personally I would have no problem with my boss watching my kids, but can understand if others wouldn't.  My boss has 5 kids of his own and I've brought both kids into work to visit and he's awesome with both of them.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is a church/center daycare. I'll ask when I go in tomorrow to do paperwork. I have absolutely no problem personally with my boss watching him. It's just the professional aspect/the industry that makes me not feel right about it.
  • I know you said your H couldn't take time off, but could he maybe move his schedule around? Or late or something? It's completely dependent on the job, I know.

Honestly if your boss offered and it's closer than a the 30 minute drive of your neighbors, then I'd go that route since its the least amount of disruption.

You are a new mom, and have new mom issues. I don't think it's unprofessional. I think it's great that your work is flexible enough to want to help in this situation. Very "family friendly" IMO vs unprofessional. It sounds like they want you back and want to make sure you can get the appropriate training to come back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"