October 2012 Moms
Options

Me Update

chricastchricast member
edited March 2014 in October 2012 Moms
OK, they called today and decided they are changing the position to part time and finally decided on a salary. I was elated to say the least. I really was not wanting a full time position in the first place but went along because the opportunity presented itself. I believe they are looking to hire a second RN for me to share responsibility with which is a huge bonus for me! I am very happy about this change and wanted to hug the lady through the phone when she asked if I would still be interested.
Now a part time position knocks off the nanny right off the bat because she only wanted full time and her crazy amount of $$ a week. I asked my mom's club for a reference for an in home daycare and I contacted the woman this morning, she seemed nice and then I actually met her today at mom's club lunch playdate (didnt know we were both going to be there). She was very quiet and introverted and I didnt see her being too exciting for Emma; so I decided to do a drive by of her house to check out her living situation. Needless to say, based on the outside appearance of her home I will not be bringing my child to her. I do want to see if I can check out 1 more in home day care if I can find one.
Now, the actual day care we visited was okay but like I had said I wasnt thrilled with that either and I finally figured out why. The evening "supervisor" kept leaving the gate open in the classroom when she went to greet parents at the door. Each time 3 kids would run out the gate and the room is right next to the front door and with all the commotion of parents coming and going I feel like a kid could run right out the door or someone off the street could just come in and grab her. UGH crazy mom thinking the worst but still.
Sorry have a glass of wine and chocolate cake for reading but I figured I would share an update.
image                 image
Lilypie - (52Ft)

Re: Me Update

• Options
    Great news about the job!  I hope you find daycare help that you like and are comfortable with.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is wonderful about the job! Good luck finding the right daycare that will work for you.  Have you checked if there are daycares near where you or hubby work instead of near home? Maybe that might open up a few more possibilities!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is wonderful about the job! Good luck finding the right daycare that will work for you.  Have you checked if there are daycares near where you or hubby work instead of near home? Maybe that might open up a few more possibilities!

Stuck in Box...

My husband works almost an hour away and he is away on travel sometimes so that is not going to work out even though they have a great cheap daycare right on his base! My new job is less then 10 minutes from the house. I am actually going to check out @stephcarter's day care provider now that this is part time, she is 10 minutes in the opposite direction but maybe it will work out.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Good luck finding a good daycare. Finding childcare that parents (usually moms) trust is safe and a good experience for their little ones definitely can prevent them from working. You are not being crazy with all the things you are noticing -- you are just a good parent! Hope you have a great transition back to work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's great news. I hope you find a daycare you like soon.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"