Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else cry for no reason?

Hi there, this is my first post to this board. My son is just over a week old & I had him via an emergency c-section. I was in the hospital for 4 days and the only time I cried when I was there was when he was born. I still feel extremely happy to have him and have tons of support from DH and family during my recovery from my c section. The only slight issue I have had is MIL being a bit pushy about trying to come over every day but other than that things are going great. However, the past 3 days I have found myself breaking into tears over nothing. I will just be sitting on the couch and look at LO sleeping and start crying. Sometimes I will think about how he will grow up and all the things I will get to experience with him. Sometimes I'm just amazed that DH and I made him. And sometimes I have no thoughts at all that accompany the tears yet I can't stop crying. Has anybody else experienced this?

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else cry for no reason?

• Options
    Yes! I know DH probably thinks I am crazy. It is just so emotional sometimes. It is an amazing thing! :)
  • Options
    Very normal. It's hormone imbalance and its gonna take a bit for your hormones to come back to normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes. I'm posting via mobile or I'd link it but on the March 14 BMB we just had a discussion about baby blues and crying all the time. It really made me feel better about how I've been feeling. Check it out.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @KariB509‌ thanks I just checked it out. Definitely helps to know I'm not alone.

Melissa

• Options
    Like everyone else said it's the hormones.  It's perfectly normal and it does get better.  
  • Options
    Oh yes... I thought I was insane to begin with. My son is 12 days old now and it's tapering off a bit but some days, I just want to cry at everything! You'll get through it :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is definitely normal. I cried at so many things in the weeks after having my son.

Hang in there!!! Everything will get back to a semi-normal state soon!!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"