Babies: 0 - 3 Months

why?!

I don't understand why I'm having sooo much trouble with not being pregnant anymore! I feel silly for feeling this way because I have this beautiful 8 day old baby boy who I love more than life itself but anytime I think about when I was pregnant, it makes me so sad to think that it's over. I had a rough pregnancy so I always thought I would be thrilled to have it over with but... surprise! Not the case. Can anyone help explain this or help me to not be so upset about it?! I feel ridiculous that this is even a problem. Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: why?!

• You just gave birth so your body and mind are adjusting to not have baby in you now. Being pregnant is way easier than caring for a newborn hands-down. You got use to being pregnant and now thait its over, it can be sad. Totally normal. Give yourself time to adjust.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is 12 weeks and I still get this feeling. He is wonderful and easy and I have never been so in love but there is a feeling of saddness that it is over! He was my first so I think that the excitement of being pregnant is gone which is what I am missing. I too was so ready for it to be over and him to be here but now it is sad that it is over! I think it is just the build up for 9 months of so much excitement is over, plus its a little bit of a reality check of this new life we are living! My days of feeling like this are more few and far between as time goes on! :) Just relax and enjoy the time with your LO because soon we will be missing this stage as well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • You are so right! I don't want to look back on this stage and realize that I didn't appreciate it as much as I could have because I was busy missing pregnancy. Thank you both!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"