Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

suddenly sore breasts weeks after weaning

So, long story short- I successfully weaned my son off of b.m & onto whole milk and a sippy cup about a week and a half ago.  I immediately got a heavy period which just ended yesterday or the day before (too hectic to remember).  Well today my breasts are so sore!  Not engorged sore, but lumpy and hard sore.  I of course googled it & started thinking mastitis or clogged ducts.  Just wondering why I haven't had any pain until now.  Anyone have a similar situation?  I left a message for my dr.'s nurse, but of course I'm too curious to wait patiently until I hear back from them.  Could it just be my crazy hormones adjusting?  Any advice? Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: suddenly sore breasts weeks after weaning

• Options
    This happened to me 2 weeks after I weaned my DD. I was able to get mine to go away by just massaging a few times a day. My next step was going to be cabbage leaves and Benadryl but luckily after a few days the lumps went away. Try massaging for starters and GL!
    Married 1~6~2007
    Baby Girl born 1~27~13 after 4 1/2 years of infertility issues

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #2 12/28/14

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Stones07 said:
    This happened to me 2 weeks after I weaned my DD. I was able to get mine to go away by just massaging a few times a day. My next step was going to be cabbage leaves and Benadryl but luckily after a few days the lumps went away. Try massaging for starters and GL!
    Cabbage leaves- especially if they have been chilled in the fridge did wonders for my sore engorged boobs.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You will know if you have mastitis because it feels like you've been hit by a truck/the flu (fever, body aches, etc.) pp gave good advice on drying up

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had this each time. A tight sports bra with cabbage leaves helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"