August 2013 Moms

Swim Suits

I know some of you ladies are still battling the frigid winter temperatures, so please don't hate me for asking this!

DH and I plan on taking LO to the beach before the month is up but my old bikinis WILL NOT DO! This stupid linea negra has not gone away and I haven't been able to get rid of my little pooch either so I'm in the market for a cute one-piece.

Does anyone have or seen a fabulous one piece swim suit?  I plan on hitting up Target later this week but the one I fell in love with isn't available online or in stores in my size :(

My back up plan is to wear this guy:

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: Swim Suits

• LEMSALEMSA member
    I'm putting M in swimming lessons so I need one too. Sigh.

I was just gonna get a plain ol one piece, plain black. If I was feeling risky, a tankini.
  • I have this suit (in an older print): https://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/patternsandprints/PRDOVR~A1567/A1567.jsp

I love it. The top is "swingy" so it kind of floats away from the tummy - unless it's wet. :)

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Loading the player...
  • Cosmic+LoveCosmic+Love member
    edited March 2014

Buuuurp.

• Cosmic+LoveCosmic+Love member
    edited March 2014

So many burps.

• petey1106 said:
    It's snowing like a motherfucker here so I'm not answering your question. Except to say that you are going to look bangin' in that culotte suit!

I just hope I don't offend anyone by showing off so much leg.

My baby is ONE!!

• I need to get one soon too.  I found a few Ralph Lauren ones I like, but I am afraid to fork out the money. I just want something simple but not too boring and that will last a few years.   I seriously need to find time to exercise.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got this right before I got ku'd..I need to try it on to see if it still fits. I'm betting the boob area is going to be an issue though

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear/snack-bar-beauty-one-piece-in-black
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Same here @Lemsa, LO starts swim lessons at the end of this month so I need to get something modest.

I've seen some nice suits on Zulily, but ordering one from them makes me nervous because you can't return if it doesn't fit.

• I will probably be using my maternity tankini top and hopefully pre pregnancy bottoms. The top will just look ruched (sp?) now.
  • I need to get one soon too.  I found a few Ralph Lauren ones I like, but I am afraid to fork out the money. I just want something simple but not too boring and that will last a few years.   I seriously need to find time to exercise.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• I got this right before I got ku'd..I need to try it on to see if it still fits. I'm betting the boob area is going to be an issue though

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear/snack-bar-beauty-one-piece-in-black

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • I got this right before I got ku'd..I need to try it on to see if it still fits. I'm betting the boob area is going to be an issue though https://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiece-swimwear/snack-bar-beauty-one-piece-in-black

That is CUTE! But wow that's a lot of money for a bathing suit  :-/
    My baby is ONE!!

• Try googling vintage swimsuits youll find great one pieces
  • Thanks for sharing that site @wildrumpus.... Now I'm in love with this guy but it costs $240!!! :((

My baby is ONE!!

• So cute!

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    wherever you are."
  • I just bought this one in navy blue a couple weeks ago...ruching in all the right places ;) It says unavailable, but if you like it, maybe check back in a few days?
  • shivers7shivers7 member
    edited March 2014
    https://www.rosewholesale.com/cheapest/color-block-halter-neck-bow-268664.html

I ordered this one it's super cute and covers it all up. Hasn't arrived yet though so not sure of the quality.

https://www.lavieenrose.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductURL1_10052_10001_-1_5002_5_5002006_Tankini_494952_SolidMixandMatchMansfieldTankiniTop_ProductDisplayErrorView_

I also bought this one while I was pregnant... it was super cute over the bump and I has been good for swimming with LO now too.

edit to add second example
    **July Siggy Challenge**

• If you're not opposed to walmart there's this oneimage

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just thinking about asking this last night. I ordered 2 monokinis from target.com and they look absolutely disgusting. I think I needs real one piece which are kind of hard to find without spending tons of money. I found a few options at modcloth.com and swimspot.com imageimage

I think I may order these 2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Just a word of warning to any moms who used to have smaller boobs pre pregnancy and now get to join the big breast club...be carefully with halter tops. I love the way the look, but if they are well structure your neck may be killing you by the end of the day.
  • kkay1982 said:

Just a word of warning to any moms who used to have smaller boobs pre pregnancy and now get to join the big breast club...be carefully with halter tops. I love the way the look, but if they are well structure your neck may be killing you by the end of the day.

I'm just really jealous of this. My boobs did the opposite post pregnancy and after breast feeding. I'm pretty sure they're smaller than before. That's ok, just more money Victoria secret gets from me.

TTC since July 2011
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• edited March 2014
    I plan to go the monokini route this summer. You try VS?
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • I was just thinking about asking this last night. I ordered 2 monokinis from target.com and they look absolutely disgusting. I think I needs real one piece which are kind of hard to find without spending tons of money. I found a few options at modcloth.com and swimspot.com imageimage I think I may order these 2

I was eyeing the chevron one from modcloth yesterday!!
    My baby is ONE!!

• I plan to go the monokini route this summer. You try VS?

I'm too chicken to access VS while on my work computer, lol.  I need to find time to search while I'm at home or while I pump and search on my phone.

Monokinis look terrible on me.  I think I'm too wide for them?

My baby is ONE!!

• No help here mine come from Target or ON and are similar to the one @WildRumpus‌ posted. But no stripes! Good Lord I'd look like a blimp with those stripes!!

• I hate wearing a one piece. I don't like my tummy feeling hot and sweaty at the beach. I'm wearing a bikini and I don't care about my gut showing and I have thunder thighs
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was just thinking about asking this last night. I ordered 2 monokinis from target.com and they look absolutely disgusting. I think I needs real one piece which are kind of hard to find without spending tons of money. I found a few options at modcloth.com and swimspot.com imageimage I think I may order these 2
    These are both adorable! I have yet to buy a swimsuit but I need to soon! Just one thought on the strapless suit....would you be worried about LO pulling it down? My LO is ALWAYS grabbing my shirts and pulling them down. I love strapless but I was thinking it might not be the best option for this year.

• The monokini looked disgusting on me. Just accentuated my love handles and pushed down my boobs. @v&amp;g I'll have to let you know how the chevron one turns out, it should be here Monday

TTC since July 2011
    IUI # 1 Nov 24

• LEMSA said:

I'm putting M in swimming lessons so I need one too. Sigh.

I was just gonna get a plain ol one piece, plain black. If I was feeling risky, a tankini.

I had a nice one piece that was red.Had lots of room so if I got bigger.Sorry about being late.Congration on your baby.
  • Umm, our babies were born a year and a half ago. So, thanks? You're super late to the party.
  • I liked some on harpari and the quality is really nice.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • MitsB707 said:

Umm, our babies were born a year and a half ago. So, thanks? You're super late to the party.

Lol
        DS born 8-16-2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"