Cloth Diapering

Fleece liners

1. Buy fleece

2. cut into liner shape

3. wash 3 times

Done?

Is it really that easy?

Re: Fleece liners

• And then I would cut. So you only have one piece of fabric instead of a zillion little ones to mess with.

Ahh so smart. Thank you.
  • It's why we keep her around, even if she's loud. ;)

• Loading the player...
  • BoyOhBoys said:

1. Buy fleece

2. cut into liner shape

3. wash 3 times

Done?

Is it really that easy?

Mind is blown! I was going to buy some for LO once he gets older for overnight for feeling dry. Does it matter what kind of fleece you get?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Lild09 said:

1. Buy fleece

2. cut into liner shape

3. wash 3 times

Done?

Is it really that easy?

Mind is blown! I was going to buy some for LO once he gets older for overnight for feeling dry. Does it matter what kind of fleece you get?
    Yes, the fleece matters. You'll want microfleece - the thin stuff like they make baby pajamas out of. (The thicker stuff like blizzard and polar fleece is easier to find, but it will repel the pee and can cause more issues.) I usually find microfleece near the minky fabrics, and there's not really ever a huge selection of it.

• Alright I'll try to see if the local fabric store has it. Do you need to sew the edges or just cut into the right size and go?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just cut it. It might roll a little bit, but it won't fray since it's not woven.

• Lild09 said:

1. Buy fleece

2. cut into liner shape

3. wash 3 times

Done?

Is it really that easy?

Yes, the fleece matters. You'll want microfleece - the thin stuff like they make baby pajamas out of. (The thicker stuff like blizzard and polar fleece is easier to find, but it will repel the pee and can cause more issues.) I usually find microfleece near the minky fabrics, and there's not really ever a huge selection of it.
    My mom just gave me some she found at Joann's. Do I need to run water over it to see if it repells? I have no idea what kind it is.
  • That looks too thick to be microfleece to me. :-/

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"